Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have released a new award system that has become the standard throughout the internet for member recognition. These are awarded to members that have gone above and beyond on the forum in some form or another.

You can see an example of a few of the awards in my profile under my username and title, they're the star medals. If you click on them, you will be taken to my profile which has complete explanation as to why I was awarded them.

To request an award, follow the below link, click on request award and fill out the form. Then click submit. We will be notified about the request and will respond when we see it. :thumbup:

http://www.355nation.net/forum/awards.php

However, for the Skitz awards, if you know a member that deserves one pm me with the name and reason as to why the award is deserved. They may not receive it right away but they will when I am able to get to the database. This will help me keep track of everything.

And the awards are as follows:
Staff Awards:
  • Admin - becoming a 355nation.net Administrator
  • Moderator - becoming a 355nation.net Moderator
  • Staff - becoming a 355Nation.net Staff member

Member Awards:
  • 355 Medal of Honor - The highest 355Nation decoration which is bestowed on a member who distinguishes him/herself as a member worthy of such an honor. Awarded to those that have made a significant impact on the member's of 355Nation.net as well as the site itself.
  • For those that have wrecked and totaled their 355 and rebuilt it.
  • 355 O.G. - Joined 355Nation within the first month of the site being created: April 1st - May 1st of 2007
  • Military Service - Former and Currnet Service in the United States Military.
  • Chapter Founder - Founding a local chapter recognized by 355Nation.
  • TOTM Winner - winning Truck of The Month
  • TOTM Winner - winning Truck of The Month twice.
  • TOTM Winner - winning Truck of The Month three times.
  • Achieving Nation Elite - Achieve 3000 posts & be an active member for 1 year.
  • Contributing Member - Purchasing the Premiere membership for 355Nation.net
  • Lifetime Contributing Member - Purchasing the Lifetime membership for 355Nation.net
  • OG Lifetime Contributing Member - Purchasing the Lifetime membership for 355Nation.net prior to November 1, 2010.
  • How-To Contributing Member award - Building an approved how-to for the Nation and it's members.
  • Vendor/Sponsor - Becoming a Nation Vendor or Site Sponsor
  • SuperMeet Organizer - Organizing a SuperMeet with over 20 participants. Must have pictures to prove it!
  • Nation Advocate - Referring 10+ active members to the board, this is tracked internally.
  • Public Service - Has a public service job or volunteers at a public service agency. Police, Firefighters, EMT, TSA, etc.
  • Calendar - Has graced the pages of a 355Nation calendar.
  • Calendar - Has graced the pages of two 355Nation calendars.
  • Calendar - Has graced the pages of three 355Nation calendars.
  • Calendar - Has graced the pages of four 355Nation calendars.
  • Celebrity - Has had their truck in a magazine or on a retailer's website for use to sell a product or promote 355Nation.
  • MTS - For members that actively participate in our Members Technical Staff.
  • Skitz Award - Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain. Originally, the Good Samaritan award.
  • Skitz Award - Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain. Second Award. Originally, the Good Samaritan award.
  • Skitz Award - Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain. Third Award. Originally, the Good Samaritan award.
  • 355Loyalty - Awarded to a member that has owned 2 or more Colorados/Canyons by choice or has owned theirs for 6+ years.
  • 100k Mileage Award - Awarded to those that have 100,000+ miles on their truck. Must provide picture of odometer w/screenname
  • 200K Mileage Award - - Awarded to those that have 200,000+ miles on their truck.Must provide picture of odometer w/screenname
  • 300K Mileage Award - - Awarded to those that have 300,000+ miles on their truck.Must provide picture of odometer w/screenname
Super Meet attendance awards - To qualify as a recognized 355Nation Super Meet, said meet must be an annually planned event. It also must have attendance of 20+ members from 4+ different states; where the trucks traveled from.

• Member participated and was in attendance for USASM 2012.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for USASM 2014.

• Member participated and was in attendance for NESM 2008.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for NESM 2009.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for NESM 2010.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for NESM 2011.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for NESM 2013.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for NESM 2014.

• Member participated and was in attendance for WCSM 2008.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for WCSM 2009.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for WCSM 2010.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for WCSM 2014.

• Member participated and was in attendance for SESM 2009.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SESM 2010.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SESM 2011.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SESM 2013.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SESM 2014.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SESM 2015

• Member participated and was in attendance for MESM 2010.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for MESM 2011.

• Member participated and was in attendance for TXSM 2010.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for TXSM 2011.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for TXSM 2014.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for TXSM 2015

• Member participated and was in attendance for SocalSM 2012.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SocalSM 2013.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SocalSM 2014.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SocalSM 2015

• Member participated and was in attendance for SECSM 2012.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SECSM 2013.
  • Member participated and was in attendance for SECSM 2014.

• Member participated and was in attendance for Skunkwerx Super Mod Meet 2015

If you have a good idea for one that is not done, suggest it. Also, please be serious about the suggestion.

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
An explanation for some that seem to generate a majority of the questions....

• For those that have wrecked and totaled their 355 and rebuilt it.
The Purple Heart medal is for those that have wrecked AND totaled their Colorado or Canyon. This means that the insurance company has deemed your vehicle not fit to be rebuilt, not because the thing was totally smashed up. Then, you rebuilt it. This is a loyalty type award.

• Lifetime Contributing Member - Purchasing the Lifetime membership for 355Nation.net
For the Lifetime Contributing Member award, it is simply an upgraded award. You contribute, you get the Contributing Member Award; if you purchase the Lifetime Membership, your Contributing Member medal will be replaced with the Lifetime Contributing Member medal.

• Skitz Award - Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain.
In order to earn the Skitz Award, you have to be nominated for 5 different things. If 5 members all nominate you for helping with Joe Blow's lift, you do not qualify. If you are nominated by 5 other members for different things (something like: doing a lift, helping someone drop their truck, going out of your way to pick something up for someone, shipping parts to another member to get their truck running, and helping an old lady across the street*) you will be eligible for the award. You cannot request it for something you have done, that defeats the purpose and point of the award. If you feel that someone deserves the award, me with their screen name and what they did and why that was substantial. I will keep track of how many nominations there are.

-Also, this award can be earned for going WAY above and beyond the normal call of duty. In order for the above criteria to be waved, the reasoning behind this must be truly selfless when nominating an individual. BUT, you still cannot request this medal for yourself.

The * is also a joke since I couldn't come up with a last thing...

• 355 Medal of Honor - The highest 355Nation decoration which is bestowed on a member who distinguishes him- or herself as a member worthy of such an honor. Awarded to those that have made a significant impact on the member's of 355Nation.net as well as the site itself.
This award is a nomination based award as well. If you feel someone is deserving of this, then pm myself with the reason. Once received, I will put it up before the 355Nation Staff and the overall decision will lie in their hands as to whether the member qualifies for this award.

• 100K Mileage Award - Awarded to those that have 100,000+ miles on their truck.
  • 200K Mileage Award - Awarded to those that have 200,000+ miles on their truck.
We now have 100k and 200k mileage awards. In order to earn this award, you must take a picture of your current odometer reading with proof that it is your truck. In order to do this, you can put your user name on a piece of paper or write it on your hand or something, just validate the picture as authentic. Also, for our Canadian members, 160,000 kms = 100,000 miles and 320,000 kms = 200,000 miles.

Once you have the pictures, send it to a staff member via pm or post it in this thread and we will hook you up with it.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Re: 355Nation.net Award System - New awards added!! November 11, 2010

FYI to all...

The awards have been slightly revamped with a new one being added. You can check out the first post of this thread to see all of the available awards and their requirements.

Just want to let everyone know that I have made it possible to show multiple earnings of some awards to include:

TOTM

Calendar Spread

Good Samaritan

Also, with the upcoming changes that will be made to the contribution system, I have added an award for the members that purchased the Lifetime Membership at the original cost prior to November 1, 2010.

As I find the time and information out, I will award those individuals that have earned these.

For the calendar award, rather than requesting them from me via this thread or pm, follow this link and do as the first post says.
http://www.355nation.net/forum/site-announcements-info-suggestions/38069-were-you-featured-nation-calendar-post-up-here-but-read-my-post-first.html
How about something like this for organizing more then one super meet? :shrug:

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Problem with that is that you can easily organize more than 4 meets. Basically, I would run out of ways to customize the award to fit how many times someone has hosted a large meet. I know a few guys would already have a 3 spot...

Though, I might be able to do it so that the 3rd or 4th is the max achievement. :shrug:

I'll look into it.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts

That's a good idea, maybe make another award for the 5th one some the guys have a goal to reach and it will encourage more meets?

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Actually, that is a good idea.. a secondary award that is earned at 5 meets, then 10 and so on.

I like that idea a lot man. :thumbup:

I'll work on it over the next couple weeks since I am going to be busy. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: 355Nation.net Award System - New awards - 14Sep11 - read blurred's post on pg 3.

Thanks man.

Need lists of award winners for NESM 2008/2009/2010 and WCSM 2008/2009/2010

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: 355Nation.net Award System - New awards - 14Sep11

Alright guys, I have updated this with current descriptions.

To note: The Purple Heart has been changed. You simple total your truck and rebuild it (if you are unclear, I have written the descriptions up there in the second post for some of the more perplexing awards.)

If you total and buy another, that will fall under the Loyalty award.

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: 355Nation.net Award System - New Award: 1-11-12

Alright, the MTS pushed to get an update to these and it was a much needed one.

We now have a new award, the How-To Contribution medal. Earn this by building a how-to that is approved through our Member's Technical Staff. Once approved and posted, this one belongs below your name!

• How-To Contributing Member award - Building an approved how-to for the Nation and it's members.

The Contributing member medal has been altered so that it is awarded to those that purchase the Premiere membership. Everyone that has it prior to today will keep it.

Also, if we missed you in the initial issue, post up.

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,880 Posts

I bought my truck used in April of 2006. Can has 355Loyalty? :th_woot: Just realized I put 103000 miles on the truck in that time all by myself. wow... :eek:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts

I bought my truck used in April of 2006. Can has 355Loyalty? :th_woot: Just realized I put 103000 miles on the truck in that time all by myself. wow... :eek:
I can do you for that!

Task Complete!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts

Was the skunxweks meet in April considered NESM 5? We had 25+ and like 5 states 2 countries lol
James will have to discuss the details with Boyd about that.

·
Registered
204 Posts

355 loyalty? i've had mine since january of 2006.

i'll hit you up in a few months for the 100k :thumbup:

·
Registered
204 Posts

:th_woot::th_woot::th_woot::th_woot::th_woot:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts

355 loyalty? i've had mine since january of 2006.

i'll hit you up in a few months for the 100k :thumbup:
I'll get you yours here in a bit

·
Members Technical Staff
2,499 Posts

Oh yea, how about a 355 Loyalty for myself? You can see them both in my build thread.

1 - 20 of 341 Posts