Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have after market Bluetooth players/cd players where do you mount your microphone? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Mine is rolled up in the cubby below my single din. During my testing people said the quality wasn't good, so I never use it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's proly not the bluetooth it's where you put it is what makes poor quality.

·
Banned
637 Posts
Mine is top corner of driverside a pillar next to windshield and everyone says they here me perfect like in in a box with no background noise. My truck is completely dynamat'd so it's pretty quiet which in sure helps a ton with background noise. I have Pioneer avic Z150. If you have built in nav I tried sitting the magnetic antenna to top of head unit but didn't work for me so it's front driver corner of dash by windshield and you don't even notice it and get PERFECT signal the GPS on my headunit is dead on perfect!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is top corner of driverside a pillar next to windshield and everyone says they here me perfect like in in a box with no background noise. My truck is completely dynamat'd so it's pretty quiet which in sure helps a ton with background noise. I have Pioneer avic Z150. If you have built in nav I tried sitting the magnetic antenna to top of head unit but didn't work for me so it's front driver corner of dash by windshield and you don't even notice it and get PERFECT signal the GPS on my headunit is dead on perfect!

By any chance can you post a picture???

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet thank you!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome thank you so much!!!I'll post pics as soon as I get it mounted.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My phone died before I could get a pic!! So I'm letting it charge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I originally had it under the steering wheel on the flat section below it... people said they couldn't here me so I placed it right above the radio on the dash. Invisible, well no but people can here me haha.

I also found that a lot of the noise or static people here on the other end of the line is interference from the microphone wire. I had to avoid high current areas like the ignition switch. I had static after doing all of this and the thing that solved it was instead of bunching up the extra wire in a circular loop... i zip tied it in straight line back and forth. Idk but something about the wire going in circles caused interference.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Mine is mounted by the A pillar like @rshadd work great there and out of the way too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
just got a bluetooth set up for christmas, and i put the mic right on top of the a pillar panel just like the rest of the guys. seems to work very well!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just installed mine. Ran it into the pocket under the radio. Pretty well hidden and from the one test call I did, people can hear me good enough. They said you can tell I'm in the car on Bluetooth but it wasn't a problem to hear me. I was really just too lazy to run it up the A pillar

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
I have the Pioneer AVH-P3200BT and I installed the mic right above the rearview mirror. I get zero complaints about sound quality once I figured out that I needed to dial the mic sensitivity back a little.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts