Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a canyon z85 2wd with shackles and AAL totaling 4” .
When i load my box with stuff and firewood the ass drops alot and the bump stops dont ever reach anymore to help. I dont want to fuck my leafs more than they alreaddy are 😂.

i was wondering if i should add those over side bumpstop or add those airbag kits? Would the air bags stretch long enough since its lifted now ??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I vote for bump stops (Timbrens etc...) just for their simplicity over air bags.

Not that airbags are complex but they do seem to be more prone to failure.

Just my 2 cents.
oh forsure the airbags are more sensitive, (leaks etc ).
i dont want to add another leaf ethier so i might look into the bump stops. Dunno yet?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2007 Colorado LT Z85 3.7, 4" Rancho lift, Pro-Comp struts, Airlift rear bags
26 Posts
Ive got Airbags and a 4" rancho lift. No issue with the bags until I very much overloaded the system trying to move a big camper. All I need to do is cut the split hose and reconnect it (it split right by a connector). The air compressor is handy for airing up my tires after airing down because it's got Schraeder valves on each side so I can attach a hose and air my tires. I had blown out shocks already (that I just replaced) and the leaf springs have seen better days (contemplating replacement now but I have helper springs for it already).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts