Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to located in my GM parts book a 4.10 ring and pinion (p/n 12471434)gear set for a colorado/canyon w/ limited slip diff.

Now would changing my gear ratio make my speedo read inaccurately? Are there any other problems that this mod could cause?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was able to located in my GM parts book a 4.10 ring and pinion (p/n 12471434)gear set for a colorado/canyon w/ limited slip diff.

Now would changing my gear ratio make my speedo read inaccurately? Are there any other problems that this mod could cause?

Yes it will read wrong, get hp tuners to fix it, your only other option is to find someone to tune for you or get ahold of pcm4less, there should be no other problems with it, assuming that some one who knows what they are doing does the work since gears can be tricky if you have never swapped them before

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Pretty sure it'll mess up the ABS until you get it tuned. I think the computer measures rear wheel speed off the trans output shaft so it will think something's wrong.

I don't know if the dealer can correct for that, I doubt they can. I think they'll only load stock PCM configurations for you. I don't think they can't change individual parameters on our trucks but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Adjustments can EASILY be made with hptuners... or I could do it for the price ive already presented to you.

I've adjusted a friend who changed from 3.73 to 4.10's and before the change he didnt have many issues besides the wacked speedometer and milage being reported incorrectly.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adjustments can EASILY be made with hptuners... or I could do it for the price ive already presented to you.

I've adjusted a friend who changed from 3.73 to 4.10's and before the change he didnt have many issues besides the wacked speedometer and milage being reported incorrectly.
gotcha. thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts