Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a rod knock in my truck. It’s a 3.5 5cyl. Running 15w-40 in her to quiet her down for now. Gonna drive her till she gets worse. Then I’m thinking aboot dropping a 4.8 in it. Was wondering what I would have to do to get one in there. Will the tranny work with the 4.8. What do I need to make it happen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, I would start with reading some of the post on here there is tons of good information floating on here. Some are a little older but the concept is still the same regarding an ls in one of these trucks. Also you could read on current performance they have a nice write of a couple different directions you could go with. Mostly depending on what year your truck is. What year engine and transmission set you'll be pairing it with.

As far as your transmission either can be used. If its auto "4l60e" think its the output shaft needs to be changed usually a good time to get them rebuilt anyways. Or if you have a manual "AR5" its an even easier swap.

Below are a couple links that could get you started including my project Ive been posting updates on. Like I said there are some really good write ups on here you can get a good idea on whats need for this swap.

Just Another Project Truck

Current Performance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I would start with reading some of the post on here there is tons of good information floating on here. Some are a little older but the concept is still the same regarding an ls in one of these trucks. Also you could read on current performance they have a nice write of a couple different directions you could go with. Mostly depending on what year your truck is. What year engine and transmission set you'll be pairing it with.

As far as your transmission either can be used. If its auto "4l60e" think its the output shaft needs to be changed usually a good time to get them rebuilt anyways. Or if you have a manual "AR5" its an even easier swap.

Below are a couple links that could get you started including my project Ive been posting updates on. Like I said there are some really good write ups on here you can get a good idea on whats need for this swap.

Just Another Project Truck

Current Performance
Appreciate it man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts