Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Chevy Colorado 4x4 z71 crew cab. I would like to lift it 4". Body lift. What needs to be done? How difficult and expensive is this going to be?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Well custom blocks, bolts, extending the steering shaft, extending the fuel lines, and fabing up new bumpers or bumper brackets at minimum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not trying to do anything crazy. Just lift it I guess 3" and basically keep around the same size tires as stock. Maybe bigger rims and thinner tires

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Performance accessories sells a 3" kit.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
for the love of god do not do a 4" body lift !

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
That thing would look crazy!

In for pics

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
MTS Crew
1,230 Posts
For the love of 355's.. do not run stock tires on a 3" bodylift. I repeat, do not. Here's my setup with a 1.5 body lift on 3.5/2 suspension. 285/70/17 tires.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
MTS Crew
1,230 Posts
Looking good Chaz! Btw how bad do your front frame horns stick out on the bottom of the front bumper?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
You referring to tow hooks or the end of the frame? I removed the hooks to fit the valance billet. I could go up more on the bumper with the spacers. But valance sits tight on the frame. I could notch it out but it wouldn't look right. Hahaha.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
You referring to tow hooks or the end of the frame? I removed the hooks to fit the valance billet. I could go up more on the bumper with the spacers. But valance sits tight on the frame. I could notch it out but it wouldn't look right. Hahaha.

Asking about the end of the frame the horns that stick out that the two hooks bolt to

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
MTS Crew
1,230 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts