Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So a member had a few questions about wiring a 4 Channel amp and was considering getting his amp installed by Best Buy. I have nothing against the installers at best buy but for whatever they charge i figure it is way better to just do yourself, now im sure there is already how-to's on installing an amp but most people get confused about the wiring for the 4 Ch, and trying to explain it is pretty hard and is really confusing when trying to learn this so i figured i would draw a quick sketch on MS Paint to show how to do it, sorry its so sloppy im on a laptop. also please let me know if i should add anything or change anything, i didnt add the 12V and GND since i figured people knew that already, as this is more about the speaker wiring part.

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
A few things you may consider.

Identify that the speaker wires are optional use if the installer does not have RCA (Although I don't know of any new HU's that don't have RCA's if they are upgrading). It appears you are suggesting to connect RCA and speaker wires.
If the diagram is intended to show speaker wire output from the amp back to the harness to distribute power to the speakers then the harness side should read "from amp" since the amp is the feed supplying back to the harness.
I think it reads better to identify connection in the direction of flow.
Or maybe just add to callouts on the amp. One that says RCA IN and one that says "To Speakers" so the installer knows which set of feeds they are looking at.

I do see the NOTE you added but it looks contradictory to a new installer.

It looks confusing to call the harness a "355HARNESS" connecting a Factory Harness. Perhaps change "355HARNESS" to a name brand (GMOS / GMRC) or call it "AFTERMARKET"

Remember, this is intended for the new user who has no, or limited experience. Making it as clear as possible will help the new installer.

Thanks for taking the time to set up the sketch.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few things you may consider.

Remember, this is intended for the new user who has no, or limited experience. Making it as clear as possible will help the new installer.

Thanks for taking the time to set up the sketch.

Thank you 08canyon, I will get started on that tonight and see if I can exit that picture or may just start a new one that is a little more organized. I kinda made that one in like 5 min lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts