Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm wondering how I can lift my rear end 4"... I have a z85 and I'm doing a 3" front spindle lift and I'm wondering how I can lift the rear 4" since I can only find 2.5" shackles... I didn't know if I could get the other 2" of lift via AAL's considering I've read people saying that they didn't net any lift from Add a Leafs.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
keep in mind your truck has a lot of rake to it (the front lower than the back), many think they look better level, (me as well) less lift in the rear would help this if thats a look you like.

if you lift the front 3 and the rear 4, you will have even more rake.

T

·
0 Posts
3" in the front and 2,5" at the back Will be the best stance, I assure you. You will hâve à slight rake but almost level. But it is your truck.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention I'm also doing a 2" coil lift.. So total I'm going to have 5 inches in the front and I wanna keep a little rake..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
I forgot to mention I'm also doing a 2" coil lift.. So total I'm going to have 5 inches in the front and I wanna keep a little rake..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I am not sure you are aware of this but CST makes a 5 in spindle kit that comes with AAL's. shackles are available for an extra fee and they have shocks for the rear designed for this rear lift as well. I'm seeing what I should do for a lift. I'm kind of stuck on whether I should go with Readylift, velocity, or suspension maxx. I would so the spindles but its a lot more costly. Maybe in the future.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
a good AAL will give you 2-2.5" of rear lift... add a 2" shackle and thats quite the lift. I would recommend some 10" travel shocks with this setup. thats what i run in the rear.

·
Registered
112 Posts
a good AAL will give you 2-2.5" of rear lift... add a 2" shackle and thats quite the lift. I would recommend some 10" travel shocks with this setup. thats what i run in the rear.
Thanks for the info. Btw would you think my leaf springs and front coils may have sagged a bit since they are 104k miles old from a '05 Canyon? I feel as thought maybe I should replace these before adding anything.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thanks for the info. Btw would you think my leaf springs and front coils may have sagged a bit since they are 104k miles old from a '05 Canyon? I feel as thought maybe I should replace these before adding anything.
unless your truck has been put through some serious abuse and overload... id say your good to go.. the AAL will bring life back into the rear leaf springs... pair them up with some good shocks like bilstein 5100 and you will love them.

I HIGHLY recommend the Rancho RS60613 add a leaf kit... its a "long" leaf that will give you a solid 2.5" of rear lift and retain a soft ride.

I run these shackles and I love them, super heavy duty with an awesome textured powdercoat finish:

Chevy Colorado 1 1 2" Rear Lift Shackle Kit | eBay

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
I have SMaxx 2" shackles on my truck. I recently installed unknown brand AAL'S and gained over 2 inches in jus the rear. Went from 37" fender-ground to bit over 39" fender-ground. My front it still 37"fender-ground.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
You will be very satisfied with the look of the 3" lift/ level kit. (Easy to install too) I love mine! That will compete with the stock looks of the other mid-sized pickups out there..

·
Registered
112 Posts
unless your truck has been put through some serious abuse and overload... id say your good to go.. the AAL will bring life back into the rear leaf springs... pair them up with some good shocks like bilstein 5100 and you will love them.

I HIGHLY recommend the Rancho RS60613 add a leaf kit... its a "long" leaf that will give you a solid 2.5" of rear lift and retain a soft ride.

I run these shackles and I love them, super heavy duty with an awesome textured powdercoat finish:

Chevy Colorado 1 1 2" Rear Lift Shackle Kit | eBay
I have a Z85 tho. Are the leafs any different? I notice they never note on any site that the leafs can be used on either. I would like ranch I but it only seems like CST makes the AAL for my application. Not sure if its long or short tho.

Also do you have any recommendations for the front lift? Brand wise u guess since you are torsion and I am coils. I'm looking at Readylift, suspension maxx, and velocity. The 2 later are coils spacers mounted on top and ready lift is mounted to the bottom of the stunt I believe. Not sure what to do. If anything I may save up for the 5 in CST spindle package that comes with AAL!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Abuse is not existent from me tho I do not know about the 7 years prior to my ownership. Got my 05 in mid 2012 I believe and it had about 80k miles.

Also you recommend Bilstein with truck applications? I like them for cars but was not sure of their performance in trucks. I was also looking at Rancho, Monroe, KYB and CST (design a shock for our application that is raised with shackles and AAL)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have SMaxx 2" shackles on my truck. I recently installed unknown brand AAL'S and gained over 2 inches in jus the rear. Went from 37" fender-ground to bit over 39" fender-ground. My front it still 37"fender-ground.
What's you opinion on my question above? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,621 Posts
Yea I read somewhere there is welding to be done and what not. Maybe one day I can do it! Btw what does AAM mean? Sorry.
American Axle Manufacturing... American Axle Manufacturing | Delivering Power

They make the stock axles for our trucks

I have a Z85 tho. Are the leafs any different? I notice they never note on any site that the leafs can be used on either. I would like ranch I but it only seems like CST makes the AAL for my application. Not sure if its long or short tho.

Also do you have any recommendations for the front lift? Brand wise u guess since you are torsion and I am coils. I'm looking at Readylift, suspension maxx, and velocity. The 2 later are coils spacers mounted on top and ready lift is mounted to the bottom of the stunt I believe. Not sure what to do. If anything I may save up for the 5 in CST spindle package that comes with AAL!
The leafs are the same size on a Z85 as a Z71... so Rancho or any other AAL designed to fit a 355 will work.

Spindle lifts are always a better way to lift the front... save up for the CST in my opinion. Also ebay has 3" spindles for a lot cheaper than the CST 5" ones

Abuse is not existent from me tho I do not know about the 7 years prior to my ownership. Got my 05 in mid 2012 I believe and it had about 80k miles.

Also you recommend Bilstein with truck applications? I like them for cars but was not sure of their performance in trucks. I was also looking at Rancho, Monroe, KYB and CST (design a shock for our application that is raised with shackles and AAL)
Bilstein makes excellent off road shocks for trucks... Rancho 90000xl are great too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts