Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 07 colorado lt 4×4. I want to change the boost valve. But I heard fir 3006 up you have to pull the tranny to change. Does anyone out there know about this. I'd appreciate some info

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
What is the propose for replacement? Failing part or performance gain?

Dropping a 4L60e out of your truck is involved and even more of a pain in the ass to get back in.

I just swapped my truck from a 4L60e to a MA5 (aka 5 spd). If you need further explanation let me know.....I can go into the bloody details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
it was for performance gain I'm changing to Corvette servos and I thought if it was easy to change I would but if its not I won't change the boost valve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Up to 2005 you could change quickly. But I read somewhere about because of a input speed sensor you had to pull tranny to change valve. I don't understand why?.

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
Up to 2005 you could change quickly. But I read somewhere about because of a input speed sensor you had to pull tranny to change valve. I don't understand why?.
I.S.S would only be 2007 and up!

But the I.S.S is in the pump casting and the input drum has a relcutor, you then have the two wires from the sensor into the 20way bulkhead. I cant see how that would effect the boost valve in anyway?

In late 2008 and all 2009 GM went to the internal mode switch, dropped the 2-3 downshift vavle, eliminated the pressure manifold switch, these are easy to tell, as there is no range switch, external, the trans only has two plugs, 20 way round plug, V.S.S, previous years had three or 4 plugs, range (early range had two plugs), 20 way round, and V.S.S.

So maybe you are thinking of the 2009 and up Trans, as that's when they changed the valve body?

Years 2004-2008 the valve body should pretty much be the same?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I changed out the servo in my 04 when I installed a shift kit from Transgo. I will be installing the boost valve from Sonnax in a week or so. Where ever you get your boost valve, be sure to order the early AND late style because you will not know which one you have until you pull it out. I figured my 2004 was late in the life of the 700R4/4L60E so I ordered the late model, only to find out that I needed the early style. Summit racing customer service was awesome and gave me a free exchange.

If you don't already know which one you have just order both and return the one you don't need to save yourself time and a headache.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed the servos and it test drove great for a while. Now I'm getting some slipping between the lower gears. Scratching my head. Anyone had this to happen after servo mid?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I changed the servos and it test drove great for a while. Now I'm getting some slipping between the lower gears. Scratching my head. Anyone had this to happen after servo mid?
Did your servo kit come with all new seals? I replaced the servo as my first transmission mod, and did not experience this issue. My servo kit came with all new seals though. How many miles are on your trans? Have you changed to a larger tire size from stock, and if so how long have you been running them?

·
Registered
51 Posts
What is the propose for replacement? Failing part or performance gain?

Dropping a 4L60e out of your truck is involved and even more of a pain in the ass to get back in.

I just swapped my truck from a 4L60e to a MA5 (aka 5 spd). If you need further explanation let me know.....I can go into the bloody details.
Id like to do the 5 speed swap once the auto starts to go maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you all have any experience modifying a stock transmission's speed sensor to accomodate new tire sizes?

I have a 2wd 2012 Colorado WT, 4 cylinder. I recently switched from the 215/70/R16 steel wheels to a 235/75/R16 tire. My speedometer is off quite a bit as the tire is 2" taller than stock.

I know one way to get the speedometer fixed is a tune but are there other options? Tunes costs alot and all i need is a speedometer correction. I have read a lot of forums saying stay away from dealers. Also Hypertech and Jet Performance offer kits to simply correct the speedometer. However, since i have a 4 cylinder and these are less common, the salesman at both told me they had no products which would work with my vehicle.

I will add that i am confused why these are so hard to come by since the 4L60e transmissions are so common. Is there an expert here who could help?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here's a vid of a guy tearing one apart. I thought it was interesting. It may have been posted already but I didn't bother going through every page of this thread.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Towed with a full bed, all my tools in the truck to a track day yesterday. Trailer is 8x12 utility trailer, with both bikes, 20 gallons of fuel, a generator and cooler total trailer weight was around 2200 lbs.

Hit some highway but most of back roads around 55 mph some hills though NJ, truck still got 16mpg and trans temp temp stayed around 167 and coolant temp around 190.

I have a 93oct tune, supersparks, iridium plug from James.

·
Crash The Gate At 98 10-4
215 Posts
Wow awesome info in OP and from comments. Just researching the servo mod and stumbled upon some priceless knowledge. Thanks all!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I purchased the Sonnax Corvette Servo 77701-04K, and the Sonnax 'Super Hold' Servo 77767K. The 77701-04k intermediate servo is back ordered indefinitely but I already received the 4th gear 77767k. Does anyone know if I can order say a Jet Power Servo (Corvette) 750211 and it will be compatible with the sonnax 4th gear? Or should I return the sonnax 4th and order matching jet intermediate and 4th?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Does someone know the correct part number for transmission filter from advance auto. Only place I seem to be able to find the correct part number is at auto zone don’t wanna drive 30miles if I don’t have to. 2006 canyon crew cab 4wd I5 it is the pan clearanced for drive shaft.
Guess the rwd and 4wd use same filter now.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts