Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was sitting in a drive thru the other day and threw my truck into park and it started making this strange noise. Its almost like a buzzing/grinding sound. I cant quite narrow it down, it seems like its coming from the transmission but it echos off everything underneath the truck so that's my best guess. It only does it in park and neutral and its random in pattern. The truck is a 2005 3.5 z71 at 235,000 miles. I'm getting the trans fluid changed in a couple days as its about time for it. Anyone have any ideas what could be making this sound?

·
Registered
232 Posts
cracked flex plate or parking pawl damage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure. Its definitely not the parking pawl as It still has park and goes into gear just fine. I also don't believe it to be the flex plate as the noise isn't consistent and it sounds more like some sort of pump maybe electrical? . I have also noticed that the noise is not there when the truck is cold. I have to get it warmed up before it starts making the noise. I have been driving with it like this for a few weeks and nothing seems different on how the truck drives. Transmission shifts like it always has and engine is definitely not down on power. I also noticed that it will make the noise as i shift into and out of gear, both reverse and drive, but as soon as its in gear it goes away. Maybe I should just put some exhaust on the thing and pretend the noise isn't there! haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts