Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was thinkin about turnin my 07 Colorado 3.7 4WD into a mud/hunt truck. I was wondering if there was any way to turn my 4l60e in a manual trans or do a manual trans swap but I dont tknow the nomenclature for the manual trans. Any tips or help would be gladly accepted, and money shouldnt be a problem since Im havin to rebuild the trans and entire engine anyways.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
The 5 speed in our trucks is the Aisin AR5. I believe one or two people on here have done auto to manual swaps and I know @gway did a manual to auto swap and may have some parts left that you would need.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I have a trans and flywheel. I think the harness would work since we can use it on a 3.7 swap with a 3.5.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@gway what isbthe nomenclature for the trans? Also Im sure we can work out a deal for the trans an flywheel but I got see where I can stick te master cylinder and body mods or the stick clearance Im sure nothin a plasma torch can handle haha

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
@gway what isbthe nomenclature for the trans? Also Im sure we can work out a deal for the trans an flywheel but I got see where I can stick te master cylinder and body mods or the stick clearance Im sure nothin a plasma torch can handle haha
The 5 speed in our trucks is the Aisin AR5.
However, GM lists it as the MA5. The automatic is the 4L60e

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
The master cylinder mounts by a 1.5x1.5 square in the firewall. You just twist it sideways and turn it straight and it holds itself. I have the shifter and everything if your interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts