Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started up the truck the other day and the serv 4wd light showed up. Been using the 4 wheel drive on and off the last few weeeks with no problems. Sometimes it gets stuck in 4 wheel but eventually shifts back into 2wd. There was no grinding or breaking noises any help?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
i dont know exactlly what that could be. i have a Z85 4x4 and i havent had that issue and ive had the truck 2 years now. i even have a ripped boot and possible bad CV shaft.

but if the trucks still under warrenty id take it i and get it looked at. maybe just need to change diff fluids or something stupid like that

lastly. Welcome to the nation and where abouts Wisconsin are you from?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
yeah but not it ticks pretty loud when in 4x4.... i was lazy and didnt replace it. hopefully when the body lift goes on we will take a look. and maybe replace the whole shaft.

but even if thats the case my serv 4x4 light nexer came on.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
when mine did that it just needed the fluid changed hopefully that's all it is in your case but for sure take it and get it checked out in case it is something bigger.

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
I think your seals are leaking on the outside as well Mark. I have the socket and everything to pull the cv shaft out if we need to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. The truck is an '04 Z71 4x4 with 124,000 on her. Haven't changed the case fluids yet but ill try that. I'm in Greendale Wi. Gonna start doin some lifting on her yet but gotta fix what's broke first.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You have a 2004 so I'll bet you're off warranty right? Be careful where you take this issue. You know the dealer will suck your wallet right out of your pocket. Find someone you can trust to look at this cause the truck ain't worth crap if the 4 wheel is messed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts