Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have already been discussed some where on this sight I'm new here. I'm looking at possibly purchasing a Colorado with a bad I5. I think it's 05 or 06. I have an 03 Trailblazer with a 5.3 which has a bad trans. What parts will work from the Trailblazer other than the obvious engine? Wa t to keep it somewhat simple and makesure it look like it came that way. Any info would be appreciated. In the meantime I'll keep reading on here to seethe what I can find out. Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,605 Posts
You'll need the trailblazer pcm, trailblazer gas pedal, engine mounts from current performance wiring and a harness made from current performance wiring I think

You may need 2009-2012 factory colorado v8 AC lines,.power steering lines, and oil pan

The transmission on the Colorado has a different bell housing and input shaft so you'll have to swap those out to fit the 5.3L

There is probably other things I'm missing

A lot of 5.3l swaps here in the engine swap section

Also check out Current performance wiring website

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the input. I have the complete trailblazer in my back yard. I trans is junk so I figured it was a good heart donor. I was thinking of trying the harness and all from the Trailblazer if it will work with the Colorado.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have an update, it wasn't a Colorado but I did purchase a Canyon. Hope to get started in a couple of weeks. Have a few things to finish first.

·
Super Moderator
3,605 Posts
V8 was offered on 09-12... fairly easy for those years, 04-08 require different pcm, gas pedal, a little firewall massaging, ect

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey what's up guy I'm new on this the ls swap and I have a 2006 Colorado and a 2001 yukon with 5.3 everything works on the yukon would everything works if a transfer to the Colorado I order the mounts from current performance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts