Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
e40 ecm
new harness
engine mounts
custom a/c lines
shorten power steering lines
change bellhousing and input shaft on automatic trans.
aftermarket intake
custom exhaust
5.3 trailblazer accelerator pedal
modified ignition switch or make it push button start :shrug:
new radiator hoses
electric fan
a lot of patience and beer :lol:
that looks like you just copied and pasted all the stuff for a 6.0 swap....

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
nope lol all straight from the noggin ive read a lot n ive looked at different engines n a used engine from a salvage yard will have some warranty if they say it ran good. i just need my atv to sell to get myself started with a 6.0

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
im lookin at gettin the new v8 rado harness n modifyin it to work
I would love to see someone try this, on older rado like yours (04) I can't see why it wouldn't work and maybe it would be easier than what I am doing. Looking at the 09 colorado E67 pinout there is can hi and cn low used for OBD port and also 1807 serial, which should be backwards compatable? But know one has tried this, may also need the use a throttle bodt from a 09 colorado and a gas pedal from a 09, than I can see that it would work! I beelive the E67 computer plugs are differen't thn the coly/E40 ones they are simular and some of them way work they use the sane micro64 pins. I bet you would have to change the J1 colorado blue plug (Body) completely, and use a trans moduale from a 09 colorado. And a 58x igntion motor or like you say swap reluctors and sensors, as well as the timming cahin sprocket and cam sensor, or just get a late 07 and up motor.

I can email you some wirring diagrams o the E67 and the E40 if you like just send mea PM wiht your email. You can also try repair procedures 24 hour free trial subsricption, but you may be well ahead of them game and have lots of wirring diagrams allready, being that you are e mechanic you amy have access to some of this cool stuff allready!

One thing I can say is that on the 04 trucks other than the the colorado J1 plug, the fuse box, there is only one other plug connecting the entire engine harness it is near the fuse box, and was two wire on my truck it is delivered torque and requested torque, on four wheel drive there will be aditional wirres on that same plug, and a automatic may have some more plugs else where? Do the autos have a seporate trans computer?

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
i have a another big plug by the fuse box heading down to the trans and the other is as u just said but im sure it also has wires for the 4x4 actuator. either im gonna find a engine with a harness or get a 09 rado harness and modify it. either ill e40 that bitch or see if i can get an 04 running e67 :naughty: now to get my hands back on alldata lol

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
lol yeah aldata or repairproceedures.com rocks! Eeverytime I stay at a hotel I get another 24 free trial lol!!

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
3 different browsers 4 different computers to choose from and then start going to starbucks or panera bread lol

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
what ive been contemplatin is taking a push start button from a semi and using it instead of 125 on a modified ignition switch lol

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
lol allready maxed out my three different computers! would be nice to hve a IP address fooler ,,, I'm techy.. but no that techy!!

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
i could sit n figure out ways to get around it or ask a family friend if he can get me print outs

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
LOL that would be funny! I have so many spare parts! to play with O moded a cruise witsh to be four wire instead of two, and I have a spare igniton switch that I will try and mod myself! just can't figure out how to get the bugger of my spare column? I have removed the three sreews and it seems unwilling to pull off??

what ive been contemplatin is taking a push start button from a semi and using it instead of 125 on a modified ignition switch lol

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
what i want to know about the 09's is how many wires are going to the throttle body on the v8's and maybe look into the pedal as well

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
i had access to pocketing one out of wrecked semis until i was let go them fuckers. btw why didnt u get a pin release tool to remove the pins easily

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
Pin
WiredColor
Circuit No.
Function
A
BN
TACsMotor Controlh– 2
B
YE
TACxMotor Controlk– 1
C
BK/WH
LowpReference
D
D-GN
TP Sensorh1 Signal
E
L-BU/BK
5-VoltoReference
F
PU
TP Sensorg2 Signal

09 use the same LS2 style 6 wire throttle body like this

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
cceleratoroPedal Positiond(APP) Sensor for 2009 colorado 5.3L
Pin
Wire
Circuit
Function
0.35sPU
Low Reference
0.35vWH/BK
5-Volt Reference
0.35bD-BU
APP Sensorv1 Signal
0.35dBN
Low Reference
0.35oTN
5-Volt Reference
0.35yL-BU
APP Sensore2 Signal

it not only about wires with the pedals they also have there own resistances from year to year model to model

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
BTW had to switch a couple of wires around on the E40 harness to get the trial blzer pedal to work, I can llok ast my harness when I am back home and let you know what exactly I did!

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
also compared thre trailblazer pedal to the colorado same curcuit numbers nd wire colors differnt resistnces even tried rewiring the coly pedal to mimic the trailblazer pedal, but since the resitance was different it still didn't like it!

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
rock auto doesn't list a pedal for a 09 but does for a 04-07? So I beleive the 09 are different, wonder if a 09 pedal would even work with the E40 instead of the trailblazer pedal?

what did you mean my pin removel tool? to remove the pins on the E40 just pull the green slide out unsnap the grey peace from her body, and use a dental pic togently release the mircro 64 pins

21 - 40 of 45 Posts