Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM SO EXCITED!!!!

Finally got my engine in. It's from a 2007 TBSS. Came with engine harness, ECM, and harnesses to j-box and battery. Also got the pedal assembly. My truck is a 2006 3.5 2wd auto.

Recent found it to be overheating on longer trips and decided to do a cylinder leak-down test on it to check head gasket possibilities. Didn't find a broken gasket but I did find cyl. 5 and 4 at 75% or less, and cyl. 2 and 3 at 80% or less. So I decided I'd put an LS in and keep my 5 for another project.

Here are some pics

Attachments

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Congrats

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Make sure Do do a build thread

·
Registered
68 Posts
Waiting for my stall converter to start my swap ...same setup with ls2 heads and torque v2 cam

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot guys! I'll be hoping to have it done in the next couple weeks, spent the night doing some maintenance on it before I put it in. I'll be sure to send more pics.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hell yeah! Cant wait to see this unfold. Pics of the rig this is going in?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have any close up pics of the clearances in the header usage against the mounts/trans/frame/ and suspension.

I may just build my own headers but I'd like to see what people have seen so far.

These CP mounts are decent but they don't clear a lot from the frame's engine mounting bracket and exhaust manifolds. I've seen the other pics on here but I havn't seen anything definitive.

Trying to load pics of the truck tonight!

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
:popc:

in for the updates!

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
There's a few header threads, and from what one guy said the Doug Thorley headers fit without modification. I used tbss pacesetters and made them fit with the aid of a hammer.

·
PBR TIME
625 Posts
if you do it in 2 weeks that would be a record. more like 6 month. its a lot of work. mine took about 6 months and i have worked on trucks for 50 years. just saying:yup:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts