Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Would I have to relocate the crossmember with any of those transmissions?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Nation Affiliate
583 Posts
This is the kit I have its good for 500hp and 450tq 4L60E Mega Monster Transmission Complete Rebuild Kit: 2003-06

The TCI 6X is good for 800hp and its a built 4L60E but its over 6 Grand.

The 4L60 is based off of the 700R4 and the 4L80 is based off the 400 so they are different trannies, one isn't just built stronger

Is it just gas mileage your after? Cause if all is still working well You won't make up the money you will spend on gas to do any of these mods.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No I'm not big on gas mileage, just looking for something that will get me going quick

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I been looking for a 6L80E but all the ones I could find are for all wheel drive

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
The 60s are fine if you go from 1-2-3-4. Its any other combination under power that breaks stuff.

Sure the car can run an 8 on it but for how long? And take it down the road cruising and stomp on it. 4-1 shift is a mother fucker

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Look into True Blue Motor Sports website: True Blue Motorsport

I was really close to pulling the trigger -- turns out I would have paid the same vs. the two transmissions I ended up having to get (still waiting for the Attorney General to review my case to get money back).
How do you get true blue to respond to you? I have emailed them a couple of times over the last 2 months and they have not responded back.

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
How do you get true blue to respond to you? I have emailed them a couple of times over the last 2 months and they have not responded back.
This was a long time ago, I feel like they got back to me within a week? Have you tried calling?

Ultimately I elected to not go the 4L80E route because I needed to get the truck back on the road... but going through the dealership ended up taking longer than the custom shop timeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts