Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

'65 Chevy C-10 DD/project

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Lone Star Blaze 
#1 ·
I picked this up in February cheap. 1965 Chevy C-10 heavy half. 283, powerglide automatic, big back window, custom cab. runs pretty good I have the radiator out right now though to get a pin hole in the bottom tank fixed. needs front fenders and some holes fixed in the floor, and the passenger bedside straightened out but pretty good old truck non the less. I have been wanting one for years and finally got my hands on one. i'll drive it during the week and wrench on it on the weekends.Needs some TLC and cleaning up as well. I wet sanded most of the gray house paint off and brought back some of the factory blue paint to go with the patina.

See less See more
#6 ·
That's a good price, I've seen far worse go for more by me. You got some work ahead of you but the main money items are there and in pretty good shape.

Good luck with it and keep it original, I see the value of those going up a lot in the next 20 years as they start disappearing.

#7 ·
going to keep it pretty close to original
fenders and other body work are the biggest things to tackle which isnt a big deal for me

#9 ·
inside will will be 1st going to leave the drivetrain mostly stock with minor upgrades. I'll do a few things to the body and then clear over it and leave it at that for a few years till i can go all out on body work

#11 ·
Truck was down for over a month getting the radiator fixed then back to be fixed right.

She is running cool now been putting about 20 miles a day on her.

The plywood bed floor is in sad shape but I can not justify sinking $2,000.00 I dont have into a oak bed floor in her, with the body still 2-3 years out from paint and body. I had a few busted up Texas & Oklahoma license plates I am going to put down to go with the patina look.I'll gather more TX & OK plates as i go to finish her out.

#12 ·
Last night I started doing some rust repair and stoppage to the roof. Took the cab sails off to do some sanding on the cab. I have somethings planned for it in the near future

Today was a slow day at work one of my counter sales guys is wanting to do some painting to get more familiar with the products we sell. so i went and took my tailgate off to accomidate his request.

taped and sanded off the CHEVROLET, hit with some black basecoat

Made my own mid coat using some Lil Daddy pearl & PPG DBC500
then let him clear it with PPG Global D894

#13 ·
:thumbup:

#15 ·
I brought the tailgate home tonight and reinstalled it on the truck. I really like how it looks on

I had somebody donate a dozen New Mexico license plates to my project so i am going to line the bed in plates from Route 66 states and in a random order instead of organized lines
If anybody has and beaten up IL, MO, KS, OK, TX, NM,AZ or CA license plates let me know.

#17 ·
Decided to re-do the plates in the bed. If anybody has any junked license plates they want to get rid of let me know

My daughter and I finished the rust re-pair, sanded and did body work on the cab. I am going to paint it a white base and put a couple of coats of pearl over that and do a pearl white cab with a twist over the patina. The custom cabs including this one were a two tone white

#18 ·
I traded a spare small air compressor I had for the front clip minus the hood off of a '63

My drivers fender and grille support were heavily damaged so i painted the better fender off the'63 a color close then sanded it down a little to help match the color of the rest of the truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.