Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i might have set a new record: i noticed the other day that when the volume is low i can hear my passenger side woofer and it sounds blown. the weird thing is that i have the bass and treble turned down. only one thing to do: install my new speakers.

so i have a question: the grille covers on the front and rear doors; are they removable easily, or am i gonna have to do some cutting? same question for the tweeters too. i have 2 sets of infinity 63.7i kappa 6.5"ers for the doors, and a set of 10.7t kappa tweeters that i will be installing (one way or another). any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
neither on my 04 are removable. had to use a hole saw to put in my tweets and my mids fit behind the grill no mod needed. front doors only not sure bout rears

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
If you want your speakers exposed you will have to cut the holes! Ain`t that hard.. Your speakers blowing on you is probably the best thing that could happen! Mine are hidden!

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
you still havent put those in???? holy shit man :kiki2:

naw man they aint removable

if you want i can come up tomorrow and help ya.

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
You will probably need the spacers and for the 6.5 you are going have to cut out the speaker hole i would tell you what to use but i won`t cause i haven`t done it. if you think they pop out they don`t!

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
shit my is screwed in on the top whole and then zip tied on the other 3 holes with the foam enbetween the door and speaker :lol:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
dang my speakers blew at like 25k haha weak BLaupunkts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts