Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone that does tuning with HPTuners take a look at the tune I have done? Been working on it for a bit and I think that it is a solid tune at this point. Just want a second look before I load the trailer up to the truck and do that testing. I've included my config file as well as tune and logging data for both the stock tune and my modified one. Please let me know if you see anything that looks off. Still real new to this game. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
? didnt u have a thread like this before ? hows the tow pig runnin

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did. I just went back and found it but nothing was ever really done with it. I ended up staying stock because I couldn't find my issues. I actually put more work into this one over a longer period and have done a lot of reading and such. Overall tow pig is great...except fuel economy. It tows the trailer like it isn't even there and has gobs of power. Fuel econ is what prompted me to go back and start working some more on it. Tonight I was able to hit almost 15mpg on the highway. Normal is about 12.5mpg.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
damm 15 hwy with a 496 fuck it i think ur good lol did you try the hpt forum ?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
im still waiting for my job to start so ill hunt around on some of the big truck forums im on and ill call my cuz

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. Unfortunately there are almost no members over there that are good with tuning a 8.1 . Not a lot of activity. Figured I'd have better luck here with all of the members who are tuning and boosting. Yea...I was happy as shit when i saw that I hit 15mpg. I've got a 400mile trip this weekend so that's the other reason for checking my tune.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are referring to the mid-70s 500 block, the difference is 210HP/380TQ. Mine puts out 340HP/460TQ. I'm also geared to 4:10s. Even with a 6 speed that all still takes a toll. I'm also cammed to put out 90% of TQ at 1900Rpms. The finally piece is that the heaviest Cadillac I can find from that time period weighed 5600# . I weigh 8300# empty. Oh...and lets add in that I've got the aerodynamics of a brick. The problem with just trying to compare BB is that each is designed for a specific application. The same 8.1 in Marine configuration is configured to put out 550HP and almost 700TQ.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
here rune after searching i found this Tuning an 8.1L its list some tuners you could talk to also there 93 tune has some nice gains

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've talked to a few people, but it was just general tuning. Most of the guys who deal with the 8.1s have companies now.

Wow...nobody can take a look? I don't need a full critique....just a yup looks good...or no your going to blow your shit up look. LMAO.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup. Just narrow bands at this point. I think I'm finally getting my fuel trims more in line. On the last scan I had forgotten to reset fuel trims. Tonight I made sure that I did. For the most part they are leveling out except when I'm getting on the throttle. Didn't see any that exceeded 8% and most were 3-4%. Tomorrow I've got a 400 mile drive to do, so I'll take a look at how the LTFT look after that. Sitting at a solid 14MPG, so I'm already happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts