Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where at on the fire wall is it ok to run a 8 gauge power cable? Also how hard is it to remove the rocker trim in the cab, to pass the cables through. Need help.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I ran mine through the hood release cable grommet. I just cut the grommet, ran the cable through, then sealed it up with silicon. And removing kick panels is really easy. just grab underneath and pull up. They'll just pop off. Hope this helps!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah and like the owner prior to me don't run it thru the corner of the fenderwell into the door jamb (it causes a minor leak since the door seal doesn't seal anymore). I'm used to seeing plenty of people buy a grommet to fit the firewall and just drilling a fresh hole.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ran mine through the hood release cable grommet. I just cut the grommet, ran the cable through, then sealed it up with silicon. And removing kick panels is really easy. just grab underneath and pull up. They'll just pop off. Hope this helps!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
:yeahthat:
Exactly what I did except I ran 0 gauge, and didn't silicon it back. It doesn't leak either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah and like the owner prior to me don't run it thru the corner of the fenderwell into the door jamb (it causes a minor leak since the door seal doesn't seal anymore). I'm used to seeing plenty of people buy a grommet to fit the firewall and just drilling a fresh hole.
:yeahthat:
this is what i do every time, a lot easier and quicker and just as efficient, just watch out for sharp edges in the firewall messing up the power cable, i always drill a tiny bit bigger than the wire so that when you silicon it it will kinda fill in the rest of the hole and protect the wire.. unless you can get a hold of a grommet

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
aw never mind.... best of luck to all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts