Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photo/build log of my truck. I'll narrate some pics, some I won't. If you want some details- don't be afraid to ask! Of course, because I'm more active up in Canada355, check out my build log on there, where you'll find a lot of spirited chat and opinion on my truck, and some of the blunders along the way. Huzzah!
How she sat @ the dealer:

Took her home and shined her up:

The side stripes had to go:

A lil' bit of flexin' (LOL)

Photo Op!

Mileage after a week of owning it:

Painted the bowtie

Removed Rear Bowite

Painting steering wheel bowtie

Factory Steelies met my paint can

Fog Lights added!

After applying Turtle Wax Black Box Treatment

Even the wildlife is in awe of my truck

Panel got kicked in while @ work
\
Fixed it as best I can w/o using tools and damaging paint

"Cali-lean!" (as quoted by Jeff.d on Canada355)

K&N CAI

Painted the drab grey plastics

The shortlived LED strobe light in the grille

Like truck, like quad (Yamaha Raptor 250)

Photo-Op!

BedRug Installed

Tonneau Cover

Fog Light Surgery

THIS is flexin'!

General Tire Grabber AT2's installed

X-Mas Photo Op!

"Zuecing" it (as we call it on Canada355) loaded with the quad!

10# Fire Extinguisher

Tool Mount

RAM Mounts Centre Console w/ Non-Locking Tablet Mount

Black Reflective Strip

Photo Op (As she sits today, 3/May/2014)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's you suspension plan? Up or down

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Down! LOL- 3/3 to start, and depending on how things roll, might even end up bagged.

Update on pics:
License plate hideaway

Dome light decided to fall out and stop working...temp fix.

Mini photo-op!

New muffler got welded in! (Video- click on picture) ( 2.9L i4 w/Flowmaster Super 44/ K&N CAI)

New dome light installed

Dual color LED bar installed

Dual beam (whites & amber)

Amber beam

Color matching the front bumper

Finished product

·
Registered
208 Posts
oh god...you wont even dish out cash for decent rims, how are you going to come up with enough money to pay a shop to bag your truck? :roll: :th_crazy:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
oh god...you wont even dish out cash for decent rims, how are you going to come up with enough money to pay a shop to bag your truck? :roll: :th_crazy:
on point!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
i triple this motion. you need some wheels. well then again you are canada. is there summer up there? or do you need winter wheels year round?

·
Registered
286 Posts
i triple this motion. you need some wheels. well then again you are canada. is there summer up there? or do you need winter wheels year round?
Yup if you ever plan a trip up here around this time of year, make sure to swap some winter tires on as soon as you cross the border. Wouldn't be a bad idea to also bring some chains, a parka, snow shoes, and bear spray too. Although getting a reservation at any decent igloo is tough this time of year, so book far in advance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You sound a lot more sure of what you want to do on here. You don't even know what you want to do on your other build thread

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I've had a recent identity crisis with the truck, and now I'm on track. I know where I'm going now, it's just that my aspirations are bigger than my pocketbook. Up in C355, I tend to discuss more stuff and here, I'm just kinda posting pics, because who doesn't like pictures?

·
Registered
208 Posts
so where are you going with it?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
If it ain't under 100 don't think it'll happen

Should be called

"Anything under $100 Will be modded"

Best of luck of luck with your "build" thread

I'm mobile

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I really like the progress so Far. everything you did with the black paint looks good.

After looking all pictures you posted I guess you drive on dirt roads frequently, you put some money on new rubbers and went for GT grabbers, so my vote is for a lift kit some off road wheels and a set of 31" BFG´s AT at least.

nice ride!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really like the progress so Far. everything you did with the black paint looks good.

After looking all pictures you posted I guess you drive on dirt roads frequently, you put some money on new rubbers and went for GT grabbers, so my vote is for a lift kit some off road wheels and a set of 31" BFG´s AT at least.

nice ride!
Not, really no. A lot of gravel driveways (including my own) in the area though. That, and this summer, there's a construction project down every second road.
Went for the Grabbers, simply because I had GT tires on my Sunfire, and they held up good. Specifically picked the Grabber AT2s, because they are a true all-season tire. (certified as a snow tire).

And because I babbled on, without further adieu...

@The ghost boy: still debating, though unlikely. I'd rather get myself a good enclosed trailer.

And the wheels I'm liking more and more (and sorry, they're 15s), will make the tires stick out about an inch, so tracking down a set of Z71 flares might be in order.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haven't done a whole lot in the past while, but I do have pictures...

Attacked the slide graphics...once I started I couldn't stop!

Needs to be cleaned, but here's the final product :D

·
Registered
833 Posts
If it ain't under 100 don't think it'll happen

Should be called

"Anything under $100 Will be modded"

Best of luck of luck with your "build" thread

I'm mobile
Wow what a douch bag!!!! It's guys like you who give us all a bad name. It's his truck let him do how or what he pleases with it. All of us don't have money trees.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts