·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hammonasset Beach State Park
1288 Boston Post Road
Madison, CT 06443

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2716&Q=325210

Bad news guys... all of the "good" sites are reserved for that weekend. We are going to have to stay in the Pootatuk area if we want to get adjacent sites. Two trucks and two tents are allowed on each site. There is a two night minimum for making reservations. To reserve one site for Friday and Saturday (9/7/07-9/8/07) night its $15 per night plus a $9 reservation fee. So we are talking $39.00 per site for the weekend. If you cancel this reservation you will only get $21.00 back. I CAN RESERVE THE SITES for all of us if you guys want. If we want to camp we have to act quickly and get organized. Let’s figure out how many sites we will need. If you want me to reserve a site for you, I will need the following things from each site:

1) The person who will take responsibility for that sites (Must be at least 18 years of age) FULL NAME, ADDRESS, AND CELL PHONE NUMBER.

2) $40.00 for the weekend ((Friday and Saturday night) you will only get $20.00 back from me (I am charging $1.00) if you cancel or choose not to show up (must be done 3 days prior)

3) Lic. plate/number of the up-to two trucks that will be on your site.

4) Camping equipment you intend to use (tents or pop-up / utility trailer)

5) All requests/ money has to be in my hands by 8/1/07

PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
only 2 trucks per site.. wow. that kinda sux. how far away is each site. i'm still interested and need to go buy a tent and other shit.. i have never been camping.. i'm too spanish for that..:lol:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the sites that i would get are all neighboring sites, they dont look too far apart on the map. according to the scale they are 50 ft apart. if this all goes well as planned i am towing up a utility trailer that i built. the one side wall of the trailer folds out and its a mini kitchen setup complete with a formica countertop and twin buner LP Stove. we could do most of the cooking with that, well see how many people express interest in going....

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I might stay over Saturday night anyone else interested?

BTW nice work Tom. You are the offical keeper of the camping stuff now!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
not sure what days i'm gonna stay.. i gotta put in for vacation for those days.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
anyone wanna split a site with me... i'm bringing myself no body else

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
done.. deal... i a tent for the truck with a bed mat.. no bad..

so me and Tom sharing a camp site.. come on guys.. let do this so we can all have the campsites near each other

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In exactly one week from today I will be making the reservations, and I have received no money yet… not a good sign. I guess me and 83 will be the only ones camping….

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hey tom whenever u wanna meet for the money let me know...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
loser jk RS u know i love ya not in that way

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
9/7/07-9/8/07 Camping Update:
Ok, just to let everyone know I made the reservation for the one campsite that we needed. It is site 3 in the Pootatuck area. If anybody has changed there mind and wants to camp, as of now (8/8/07) the two neighboring sites are still available (PTK001, PTK005). Feel free to make these reservations yourself, my deadline is up.

Camping list:

1. ColoradoTom (NJ)
2. Colorado83 (NJ)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts