Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
If it were just a matter of the fuse, you could do a simple modification of the fusebox and run a switch to that particular fuse . . . but that wouldn't take care of the idiot light, nor the risk of a "limp home" mode being activated. Hopefully someone smarter than me with the truck's electronics will come up with a balanced solution. I'd be interested to see it.

You would think, as computerized as these vehicles are, there would be easier ways of doing modifications. But then this is the same truck that has the 4X4 control module that can't get wet located under the driver's front seat . . . ??
My fuse is pulled. No limp mode here. I just drive carefully in the rain. Otherwise, it's way more fun. I just keep my distance and it doesn't take much for this truck to spin out of control. People hate the way I drive in the rain.

·
Registered
188 Posts
. . . and it doesn't take much for this truck to spin out of control . . .
Amen to that! On the 16th of this month I was on an interstate and hit some black ice . . . was maneuvering like a mad-man but never could regain traction, but I managed to keep it on the highway. I was doing under 50 since it was starting to look slick. It was early morning with no other cars close to me, and on a fairly straight part of the highway so I was lucky.

I haven't slid back and forth like that since I was a teen (and then it was on purpose :D ). I found it's not so much fun now. I had to go back by there yesterday and determined I slid in excess of 800 feet before I bled off enough speed to actually coast to a stop. Don't want to do that again any time soon. Heard there were a couple of crashes there a bit later that morning . . . there and within a few miles of that spot. Got nasty slick damn quick.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yeah driving through oklahoma during a lot of wind and ice, the tc or sc or abs couldn't save me. Driving over a bridge going 50, and the wind literally pushed my truck sideways into the other lane. I got lucky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey subtlez28... I feel your pain. I'm in the same situation. Did anything come of this besides pulling abs fuse, or a switch to cut power to the abs fuse? Does anyone have the correct wiring diagram to study these circuits? 2012 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 duramax.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts