Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my a/c hasnt been working. they fixed the cable that controls the a/c dial and now the dial pops in and out and idk whats causing it to be jammed like such...so i brought it to to dealership and he says i have a blockage in my heater box which isnt allowing my a/c to work and its due to somethings falling down one of the vents or something.....well thats apparently not covered under warranty and it involves ripping the ENTIRE dash out. i really dont feel like doing this but if i have to i will. not gonna waste hundreds on someone else doing it i guess. figure i'll paint my dash while its out of the truck anyways.

but so what do you guys think is that even the problem? is it gonna be a semi-easy fix? how much of a pita is it to take the dash out?

:mav2: :dawg: :355:

P

·
0 Posts
I would talk to chevy, he has taken his whole dash out already, its on his TOTM entry, he has a pic onthere.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I would take out the fan motor first and see if you can get the restriction out. Relatively easy to do... I have a writeup if you need it.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
yeh. there must be a more simple way of figuring this out. i read chevy's thread on cfans from when he did the whole thing. big help. it doesnt seem that hard just looks complicated. that is until i realize im not that bright, lose screws and tools everywhere, and set off my airbag. hahaha lets hope that doesnt happen.

Gerry a link to that writeup would be sweet if you can...
thanks.

ok really strange. i just picked up the truck and the dial of course is still working correctly. but... the blockage (w/e it is) has moved enough to allow the vent to switch to a/c and the heat wont work now AHAHA. well, im not touching that dial until next winter since im only going to need a/c now that its summer. so i guess twice a year i jsut have to take a section of the dash out and fiddle with shit until it switches over ...oo boy...

but hell atleast its blowing cold air!

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I dont have the pics ready right now... but I will..

You need 6mm socket, universal drive extension, 1/4" drive rachet, and 4" 1/4" drive extension to remove the fan.

Try dropping the glovebox and put the HVAC system into recirc mode and use a flashlight to look in there.... You will be able to get in there a little bit through the recirc door.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh im gonna prob take that region apart and see if i can get in there. im taking a couple days off after schools done and before i start work. i'll get it done then along with a couple other mods ive been waiting to do.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i was messing with it this weekend and noticed this is where it blows and when (no pun intended)

if on heat it blow hot most the time

if on a/c it does this: (H=hot C=cold)
when on def- C
when on def and feet-C
when on just upper vents - Luke warm?
when on upper vents and feet- upper vents C, feet H..wtf???
when on just feet - C

WTF is goin on guys?? im gonna have to pickup a repair manual and gut thing out and see why its doing this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts