1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Nice!

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
@Karlen your not impressed with much. Lol.

J/K! :D

has anyone tried Doestch Tech? They offer a true 50/50 valving line of sbocks. I loved them on my s10. Sure they make ones for the rear of the colorado.

Edit: added Doestch Tech .pdf for their nitrogen shocks.

see Nitrogen Series

http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/2.asp

Attachments

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I've got the same shocks, I'll give them a :thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Karlen your not impressed with much. Lol.

J/K! :D

has anyone tried Doestch Tech? They offer a true 50/50 valving line of sbocks. I loved them on my s10. Sure they make ones for the rear of the colorado.

Edit: added Doestch Tech .pdf for their nitrogen shocks.

see Nitrogen Series

Doetsch DT3000 - 9000 Series Nitrogen Gas Shock
They might be great shocks, but those prices are a little too cheap for me to think they will be

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
what dont you like about them?

My original stockers have 125k hard miles on them, I figure at this point almost anything will be an improvement.
I have Belltech coils and struts. They're bouncy, and the truck body rolls like a damn boat.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
They might be great shocks, but those prices are a little too cheap for me to think they will be
$50/per shock is cheap???

The guy that started it all used to road race S10s. He started on mini-trucks. They are the only shock company I could ever find that actually knew what their valving was when I cled to ask. I am willing to be you can call and get their spring rates on their Chevrolet Colorado drop springs.

Have you tried getting info from belltech? I have. They didnt know when I called. Just pushed their product. Not trying to dog on your purchase. I apologize for asking about Doestch Tech in your thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$50/per shock is cheap???

The guy that started it all used to road race S10s. He started on mini-trucks. They are the only shock company I could ever find that actually knew what their valving was when I cled to ask. I am willing to be you can call and get their spring rates on their Chevrolet Colorado drop springs.

Have you tried getting info from belltech? I have. They didnt know when I called. Just pushed their product. Not trying to dog on your purchase. I apologize for asking about Doestch Tech in your thread.
its all good man, I appreciate being told of other options. I work on motorcycles, and its not uncommon for a shock to be $600-1500. The belltechs were a little more than the doestechs, and I was thinking that was screaming deal.

If the belltechs do suck I might go that route.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok now I have my doubts.

I got one of my original front shocks off, and have the spring removed from it, and it takes considerably more force to compress it than it does to compress the belltech shock.

Seems to me this would translate to more body roll, not less....or is there some factor Im not considering?

Im thinking of boxing these back up and returning them.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
its all good man, I appreciate being told of other options. I work on motorcycles, and its not uncommon for a shock to be $600-1500. The belltechs were a little more than the doestechs, and I was thinking that was screaming deal.

If the belltechs do suck I might go that route.
I understand the motorcycle shocks sticker shock. Lol ohlins, pensky, fox. Ive had a GSXR, 848, and. Gladius. Hope you find a good shock that suits your needs!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I have the Bell tec front adj struts with cut down V8 coils. 1 1/2" drop
I like the way they ride and handle. the Belltec 2"drop coils were
way to soft and bottomed out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got around to installing the rest of the shocks. I drove for a week with one front belltech and the rest stock. Honestly, I couldnt tell a difference, so I decided to give them a shot and see how they did.

First: the hard ones:

get the spring compressors on:

The orig bushings were pretty sacked out as well:

And in with the new:

The instructions said removing the spring perch from the original shock "may require excessive force." They werent kidding, I had to use my shop press.

And now, the easy ones...I popped my centercaps off thinking Id have to pull the wheels, but I left them on and did everything from my creeper.

The rears were cake. Im not sure why, but my left bumpstop is trashed. Guess Ill look into a replacement.

After I buttoned everything up, I took it for a shakedown run on a local twisty backroad. The belltechs handled everything I could throw at them, and while body roll didnt seem any less, they felt great. The true test will be my next autocross event...unfortunately Im missing the next round because I will be in Florida for Triumph motorcycle training.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good stuff! Any word yet on how the belltechs handle? I'm curious to see if they performed well on the auto-x for you. I have them on my truck but am still at stock height and don't have a rear swaybar yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, after 3 months and 2 autocross events, I can say these dont suck, but they really arent any better than OEM ZQ8 shocks....They certainly arent a major improvement.

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
I agree with Karlen...they are a step above stock...but they're not as great as everyone on here makes them seem....

Replaced the struts on the front with the belltech coilovers, much better on the front! I'm sure the rear will improve a bunch when I put coilovers back there as well.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Forear shocks they are doing the job for me.

My rear set up is:

AirBagIt C-Notch
Belltech 3" drop leafs
Belltech 3" blocks
Belltech rear sway bar
Hellwig 3/4 ton traction springs
Energy Suspension rear endlinks (custom cut to adjust for 6" of drop)
On ZQ8 17s with Nitto NT555s in 255/40-17

The only other way to get a true upgraded rear shock would be getting the QA1's which have adjustable dempening

1 - 20 of 21 Posts