Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, since all of the rest of my projects are having to take a back seat due to lack of work space, I'm attacking the next thing on the list: grab handles on the a pillars.

My girl is under 5ft, and with my truck being lifted almost 8" now, she has to crawl in like she's rock climbing lol. I promised her grab handles soon, and steps before I lift it any more.

I figured out all the mounting I think...now I'm ready to scribble a quick design and make a piece to test fit with. The idea is to cut 2 holes in the pillar cover, drill two holes in the pillar itself to bolt to, then thread the piece through the cover and install the two bolts. Then just snap the cover back over it. We'll see if it actually works out that way lol.

Should run from fingertip to fingertip on center:

Shout out to @rshadd for the pics earlier! Thanks buddy!

@ivan29 @GregDAP @nameless @1BADI5 @DocRockLBC @wh1pple @royrjs @lnhiv @fitsector @Barfurd @kerad11 @un4giv3n @crazyeyez @Djsonic @silver10Can @JVal @Jesse @ahelm3 @lil_nene

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
This was something I was trying to figure out as well when I had the old lifted truck, just no metal fabrication skills to do so.

Really interested to see how this works out!

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got it figured out...need to get some material. There wasn't any at the shop in the right size. I'll have to stop by the metal place tomorrow after work and dig through the remnants.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not a 355 though, is it? Those are definitely not the stock pillars. There are no bolt holes underneath where the mounting holes are in that handle.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, didn't get shit done. Went up to the mountains and romped around, shot a bunch of guns, drank some beer, had a couple fires and hung out with family for my dad's bday weekend.

My insanity and never-ending projects resume once again at 3pm MST today :)

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This has been bugging the shit out of me...I can't decide if I want to mount straight away from the pillar in the direction of the clips, or say screw airbags and go straight back. I'm starting this tonight either way.

I'm actually going to go in the shop at work right now and see if we have any material that I can snag.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just bought a new home and every time I take a crap I end up holding to the "oh shit" handle left by the previous owner. :eektoilet: Thank you......... To bad I can't say the same for the previous Colorado owner. Every time I have a oh shit moment on the road I miss my toilet.

:drama:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts