Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got them put in the truck tonight, to test fit and drooool over them, now I just have to get the rest of the system done asap

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
looks good

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all, I am glad there done, they were a pain in the ass just hope they do what i am expecting

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm curious about the sound as well...I'm not sure how good the imaging would be at that height. :shrug:

But, they look very nice. :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm curious about the sound as well...I'm not sure how good the imaging would be at that height. :shrug:

But, they look very nice. :)
Hell anything has to be better that the stock door locations as far as imaging goes........

·
Registered
44 Posts
I must say that is some damn nice work. The look is great and it is very creative.
I too am very curious about the imaging and SQ with that location.
The axis, level and distance to the ear(s) just seems to go against all the laws of acoustics.
Looking forward to the final review.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
both sides are done and installed, they are not hooked up yet i am getting the rest of the system compiled. I am going to have devious do the box, going to do a blow-thru with 2 12"s, hopefully I can get down there within the next month. which gives me plenty of time to do door panels and amp rack, as far as imaging it should work out perfect, by january it should be all done.
the system is going to consist of
front mbquartz pvf series 4" with tweet in pillar with a add on woofer in door
rear mbquartz pvf series 6 1/2 componets
2 12" jl subs
jl 500/1 or 1000/1 still undecided
jl 450/4

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hell anything has to be better that the stock door locations as far as imaging goes........
I must say that is some damn nice work. The look is great and it is very creative.
I too am very curious about the imaging and SQ with that location.
The axis, level and distance to the ear(s) just seems to go against all the laws of acoustics.
Looking forward to the final review.
Yeah, you both have valid points. And, Hannibal, that's why I took my separates out, I just didn't like the way they sounded with the tweeter that far away from the woofer.

both sides are done and installed, they are not hooked up yet i am getting the rest of the system compiled. I am going to have devious do the box, going to do a blow-thru with 2 12"s, hopefully I can get down there within the next month. which gives me plenty of time to do door panels and amp rack, as far as imaging it should work out perfect, by january it should be all done.
the system is going to consist of
front mbquartz pvf series 4" with tweet in pillar with a add on woofer in door
rear mbquartz pvf series 6 1/2 componets
2 12" jl subs
jl 500/1 or 1000/1 still undecided
jl 450/4
Sounds like it's gonna hit hard as hell. :naughty:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts