Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guy's i feel i have had a long enough break in period 5k miles with no problems other than cam/crank correlation that keeps it from starting sometimes but if i key off and try again fires right up. Anyways my shift rpm was set low and was the mph for break in. I turned up the wick today to let her rip!! it was 5200 1-2 and 5000 2-3. first was changed at 33 mph and 2nd at like 60 at wot. yeah i know weak!! but i know i cant help my self most times and have a heavy foot so thats why the soft settings. today after work i said NO MORE softness and put in 6500 rpms in the 1-2 2-3 bins and changed the mph.....well higher..... now she will shift 2nd at 55mph and 3rd at 85 and the thing rips!! What kinda mph per gear are you swapped guy's getting??? Let me know whats you go going on. Im getting a good snappy backfire on 1-2 love it. Think i can go higher on the mph because im only seeing 6300 on 1-2 and about 6k on the 2-3 so might push the 3rd shift to around 90mph. What kinda line pressures are you running?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I don't know about MPH, i'm setup
to shift at 6800, rev limiter 7000
speed limit set at 168mph.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts