·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Re: Question about K5 52" Leaf Springs

I'd say they shouldn't. Isn't it the more leafs the softer the ride? I may be wrong. I have 4 or 5 in mine and it's not bad.

·
252,000+ Miles
1,316 Posts

I'd say they shouldn't. Isn't it the more leafs the softer the ride? I may be wrong. I have 4 or 5 in mine and it's not bad.
I had to stack almost 800lbs in the back corner of my truck when I was fitting my 1600lb packs into the axle perches.

I can't even imagine how the hell he'll get them lined up with 2350lbs.

My 1600's ride harder than stock ever did, had to go to 5190's because 5325's were too short and it rides well but it is bouncy without 200-300lbs in the back.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts

I got lucky. I got mine from jc Whitney for 180 for the pair. I think their 4 leaf pack. I'm not around my truck of I'd confirm. They flex great tho.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I got lucky. I got mine from jc Whitney for 180 for the pair. I think their 4 leaf pack. I'm not around my truck of I'd confirm. They flex great tho.
I called them and the closest to stock height they had was 2.5" lift ones. I wasn't sure if they would work.

·
252,000+ Miles
1,316 Posts

My 5 leaf packs (1600 spring rate ones) gave me 2.5" all day and more, and I used new stock shackles.

The rear is now 24-1/4" center of hub to fender on both sides, no issues with rubbing from the driveshaft and I carried about 1500lbs of food and gear in the back 400 miles to camp and back without even getting close to the bump stops.

I don't even think I will need air bags for towing with these suckers, but time will tell.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Just ordered the 1200 lbs. spring pack from general spring kc. Unfortunately it's on back order so it's gonna be a couple weeks. At least they gave me a discount. $273.15 shipped! Not bad for stock replacement springs when the dealer wanted $188 a piece.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Just an update. The springs finally came in a couple weeks ago after them being on back order for a month. Unfortunately I've been too busy to install them. As soon as I get them done I'll post pics. I'm also going to throw on a pro comp AAL too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts