Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm about to order the things I need for a 2" lift for my '05 Canyon Z-71 4x4 and I wanted to make sure I didn't forget anything. I plan on cranking the TBs, installing Sjyjacker Add-A-Leaf to the back, and getting Rancho shocks. Below is everything I have on my list so far.

2 - Skyjacker Add-A-Leaf
2 - Rancho RS5301
2 - Rancho RS5190

Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if you would buy something different. I plan on doing this over a Saturday and considering this is my daily driver I really have no room for "Oops we forgot that piece." Thanks Guys

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Good to go. :D

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bob. I hope to have this done in the next 3 weeks or so. Any tips on the install?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Take your time and make sure your jackstands are solid.

Be careful with the leaf pack as there is lots of energy in that pack when you take it apart.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on this taking all day so I shouldn't be rushed. Plus that fact that I can not screw up or I'll be stuck come Monday morning. I've heard about those leaf packs. I'm not too worried. I'm getting new C clamps. I have older ones and not so sure I trsct them.

Thanks Rangerbob

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
out of curiosity, why are you going the add a leaf route instead of shackles? Shackles would be so much easier.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They cost about the same so I figure why not do it. It'd be nice to have the extra payload /tow capacity too. May never need it but like my mother always says "It's always better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it."

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I had shackles originally and switched to AAL because I was tired of having to throw overload springs between the bump stop and the axle plate everytime I loaded up or hauled a trailer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So if I plan on a2'' key lift up frt. my best bet in the rear is a AAL ? need to know as I will be ordering my parts soon.

·
You Smell That?!?!
6,216 Posts
holy old post batman

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
So if I plan on a2'' key lift up frt. my best bet in the rear is a AAL ? need to know as I will be ordering my parts soon.
You can use either an AAL or lift shackles. Shackles don't change the ride. AALs make the ride a bit stiffer and stop the rear from sagging when you tow/haul.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

You can use either an AAL or lift shackles. Shackles don't change the ride. AALs make the ride a bit stiffer and stop the rear from sagging when you tow/haul.
Exactly. As I stated wayy back, thats the reason I went with the AAL instead of the Shackles. And after 2 years of riding high on AAL... I LOVE them and am so glad I decided to go this route. Much better then the shackles.

holy old post batman
CanyonDave had a valid reason for posting in this thread. Volsfan = Fail though. :lmao:

Alright Joe. You will be higher than Josh now.:thumbup:
I was lifted before Josh lifted his. So no.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's ok. You're still a newb. :lmao:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks bob. I hope to have this done in the next 3 weeks or so. Any tips on the install?
make sure you have something to cut the center pin out. i couldnt get mine to unscrew, so i cut it out. also before you put the u-bolts back on the axle to centered on the leaf pack. i didnt do that at first and cost me a lot of extra time.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:clap, clap:

It's ok.

And I actually didn;t have any problems getting the old center pin out. I got a pair of vicegrips and clamped down in the top. Easy Piezy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts