Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night picked up one of my buddys to go grab a beer. well in usual fashion we got to the corner by his house and had to bake the tires off for the neighbors.(they love burnouts i guess) anyway i turned the traction control off and pulled in down in first and let them bake. well after i pulled off i noticed the display reading "abs failure, traction failure" so a block down i turned her off and back on again and nothing, its gone. anything to worry about? anybody else have this problem?:wtf:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Traction Control?? I didn't know these trucks came with something like that?

I had something like that happen when my truck was up on the Dyno. They made a test run to get the thing straight and tied down tight and afterwards I noticed my ABS light on! They said it was because of the front tires staying still while the rears were turning. It trips something in the system but goes away once the fronts start spinning again......

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea mine has a button between the center vents and the radio. i think it says "t/c" mines an ls with the G80 if it makes any difference. but what u said about the difference in the tire speed from front to back makes since. but it kept on till i shut off the truck?

Z

·
0 Posts
TAKE IT IN ASAP! Dont dick around with this one.

I had it happen to mine and 1100 later my truck was fixed.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Maybe the constant burnouts and abuse are causing the computer to throw warnings. Something might be breaking soon... listen to the truck while your driving for any odd noises and hope it'll be ok... :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZNA03 your prob. right!!!! the only thing i noticed was it didnt seem to have much power when it did it. but its gone for now. i have a appointment at the dealership to fix the doors this week anyway so i will mention it. thanks for all the help guys

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
its a limp mode from abuse. my z71 did it when id jump railroad tracks(i.e. wheels off ground at different speeds) its no big deal if it fixes itself.

now the burnouts and shit i dont know. just remember, you got to pay to play. no truck is ment to do burnouts. i have a buddy that burnt up a lightning. he said "but i thought they were ment to tear up"...:econo: :mc:

·
Nation Affiliate
1,005 Posts
Mine did the same thing at scrapin the coast during the burnout contest and i havent had a problem yet and havent had it checked yet knock on wood:brado:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
yeah my buddys rado did that when we got it stuck in the snow! he hasnt had a prob since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts