Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys and gals...recently I changed the front pads and rotors on my 08 canyon. That was a job in itself. I've done some research and seen where the ABS sensor is really frail and breaks easily. Mine are not broken, the hubs are clean and the ABS light is still on. I did buy new ABS wheel sensors but have yet to put them on. Also whenever I start my truck, there's a grinding feeling but stops after a minute or two. Just wanted to get some insight before I replace the ABS sensors.

Thanks

·
Registered
994 Posts
Grinding from *where* when you start the truck? As in starting the engine? As in begin to move? When?

As a side note: how many miles you got on there?

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically I start my truck, ease down the road and whenever I start applying brakes at the first stop sign its grinds. What's really odd is when it's grinding the ABS light is off and when it quits grinding the ABS light is on. My connections are intact and all that good stuff but it's very uneasy hearing that grinding sitting in my truck. I don't know if i need to put on my stock rotors again and see what that does or what.

Mine has 57000 miles, I'm going through some things that needed to be changed and brakes were on the list. That's the link I was trying to find but couldn't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem.

It started with me after I changed my wheel hub assembly for both sides.

ABS will kick on the first few times I brake and then the brakes will be fine and the ABS Fault light comes on.

Not trying to steal your thread though, please let me know if you find the issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you changed the entire wheel hub Juan Sick Rado? With the ABS sensor that come with it? Reason I'm asking I bought the ABS sensors separate just haven't had time to replace them and looking at prices I could have saved that $$ and bought a new hub with a new ABS already attached.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts