Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently took 2009 Colorado to dealer to check cause of ABS light on. Can’t detect module.. tried with my own scanner at shop and same. Previous owner came to a stop on truck and was never able to started again. Disconnect module and been driving since! Have a module coming to test but could it be something else. Anyone had similar experience. There was a leak on back of truck, driver side was full of water, back to front so I’m wondering if any wiring got damage.
Help please.. thank you!

·
Registered
'05 crew cab Canyon, swapping to 6.0 L96Vortex
46 Posts
Recently took 2009 Colorado to dealer to check cause of ABS light on. Can’t detect module.. tried with my own scanner at shop and same. Previous owner came to a stop on truck and was never able to started again. Disconnect module and been driving since! Have a module coming to test but could it be something else. Anyone had similar experience. There was a leak on back of truck, driver side was full of water, back to front so I’m wondering if any wiring got damage.
Help please.. thank you!
There is a module bolted to the floor under the driver's seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update.. plugged the ABS module and parked the truck couple days. Today I turn in on and no abs light, awesome!! Then went for a drive and it just died on me completely on the road. No radio no nothing. Had to disconnect batterie, unplug abs module to drive it back. Is this signs of bad module? Nightmare over here

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ok, I'm digging into the schematics. Check the 3 ABS fuses to make sure they are clean and well inserted. Grounds 105 and 106 ( the infamous ground splice packs on each side of the engine compartment) both ground the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) - make sure these are clean and well connected. Upstream of the ABS fuse 16 is the Run/Crank relay 61. I could take a wild guess that the ABS is doing something that pulls some abnormal current through this relay, and the relay points are worn so they may "fizzle" and cause an open, which could shut the truck down. Replace relay 61.

Is it a 4x4 truck?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I'm digging into the schematics. Check the 3 ABS fuses to make sure they are clean and well inserted. Grounds 105 and 106 ( the infamous ground splice packs on each side of the engine compartment) both ground the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) - make sure these are clean and well connected. Upstream of the ABS fuse 16 is the Run/Crank relay 61. I could take a wild guess that the ABS is doing something that pulls some abnormal current through this relay, and the relay points are worn so they may "fizzle" and cause an open, which could shut the truck down. Replace relay 61.

Is it a 4x4 truck?
Ok so I tried the relay and nothing, so I end up replacing the ABS module and indeed it was faulty. Problem solved. Now after cleaning throttle body I have low idle and in drive it stays high lol can’t win

1 - 8 of 8 Posts