Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the sensor on the left front of my 06 Colorado because it was faulty after i replaced the bearing a while ago. After the new sensor it is acting weird and throwing a fault again. whenever I touch my brakes it activates the anti-lock system until it throws a fault. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
My first suspicion would be damage to the wiring that runs from the ABS control unit to the sensor.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
I agree with Rick

I just did both front hub/sensors about 3 weeks ago with the 09+ brake upgrade.

I have replaced them on the truck and this time we removed the whole spindle/knuckle and replace them on the bence then intalled the whole assembly on the truck; the later being the easiest.

A second set of hands is "HIGHLY" recommended to ensure you do not fuck up the wiring upon installation/////not saying you did, but some have/

Its also possible they were damaged when eig shipped too. Might want to call your vendor and discuss a return

·
Boost. Get's you laid.
2,400 Posts
Are you sure it was the left side that was bad? Maybe both sides?

Are you absolutely certain you didn't damage the sensor when installing it and that you installed it correctly? The ABS sensor wire is VERY delicate and must be handled with extra care. If you pinch or break it, there's a good possibility it's ruined.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts