Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
swapped my xtreme from a 3.5 to a gen iv 5.3, but didn’t put AC in at the start, it’s already warming up here in FL so it’s time i put AC in lol
will factory v8 colorado stuff work and fit? things are already pretty tight up front with my trans cooler/radiator/ls1 fans. or will i still need custom AC lines built? should i use the 3.5 AC stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am almost finished with my swap 6.o truck engine to my 2005 Colorado Z71 2 wheel drive. I used the 2002 6.o ac compressor and only bought the hi & lo pressure hoses for a 2009 to 2012 Colorado v8. The line where it connects to the condenser is turned backwards where it connects . I just made a clamp with two bolts and it worked fine or you could try twisting it or re soldering it PS this is my first post. I have enjoyed doing the swap. Waiting on wiring harness to complete, ordered on 1-17 may be delivered 2-14

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
You can use all of the '09~'12 parts together to achieve a factory fit and finish. I have attached a spreadsheet with all of the part numbers that you will need, and some pictures of the finished installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep, the hose to condenser fitting is different on the V8 trucks. I just cut the end off the condenser hose, and my original hose, and reconnected the new hose to the old fitting with a brass compression coupling from the local hardware store. It's been holding charge for 3 years now.

Greg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone!! i appreciate it. my tuner is running into some issues with the throttle response relays on the truck so it’s taking way longer than expected :/ currently driving around his tbss and it’s making me miss my old one lol

killerado is killin the game on these write ups!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does the PCM have to send any signal to the BCM for the AC to work or is as simple as swapping in new compressor lines?

·
Registered
4 Posts
swapped my xtreme from a 3.5 to a gen iv 5.3, but didn’t put AC in at the start, it’s already warming up here in FL so it’s time i put AC in lol
will factory v8 colorado stuff work and fit? things are already pretty tight up front with my trans cooler/radiator/ls1 fans. or will i still need custom AC lines built? should i use the 3.5 AC stuff?

You will need compressor, condenser, and all 3 lines from a 09 colorado with 5.3. This was what i did and it all bolted right up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts