Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had this problem?? Mine stopped working today when i turned the dial to 3 and 4. And then when i went back to zero and went back up it worked again. It cut out down the road and i had to do the same thing to get it going again. :mav2: :dawg:

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
crap my bad. here ya go:

Disclaimer: "Please use caution and seek professional assistance when necessary. ................., myself and all associated members are not responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm which may occur with this modification. This post does not reflect the views of ................. and it's ownership." Before attempting this modification, it is advised to verify your Colorado or Canyon service manual or a certified mechanic, as not all GMT 355's are the same!

A cFans Members Mod Projects/How-To by Canyon04Z71 & philmiami

HVAC Fan Motor: Resistor & Connector replacement.

Skill Level: Easy

Make: GMC
Model: Canyon SLE 4WD
Year: 2004

Canyon04Z71's Repair

Symptoms:

Truck cold (first start of the day in Winter temps), no HVAC fan motor setting #1 through #3 available. Only setting #4 worked to turn the fan on. Once the truck was warmed up, the HVAC fan motor settings #1 through #4 worked fine.

Problem found:

Burnt up terminals for the resistor and connector. Plastic housing for resistor and connector melted.

=================
GM Parts list for the repair:
=================

Resistor - p/n 15218254 $8.59*
Connector - p/n 15306069 $30.70*
Complete wiring harness - p/n 89019124 $20 * (no splicing required)
http://................./forum/album_...p?pic_id=23252

* listed on www.gmpartsdirect.com

Legend:
---------

1 - Resistor
2 - Blower Motor Cooling Tube
3 - Blower Motor
4 - Blower Motor Electrical Connector
5 - HVAC system

Location: Passenger side part of the dash (underneath glove box).

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...71/HVAC Fan Motor Resistor/Blower_diagram.jpg

philmiami's repair

My fan control quit working on setting 3. After I had a dealership replace the blower motor because of the whining noise it made when it was still under 3/36 warranty the problem began. Sometimes I would have to reach under the dash and push up the connector because the fan would quit working, most of the time while driving. It was very annoying.
I went and looked and the BLUE wire was changing to burnt looking I new it was the resistor going bad. It really melted the connector. I went to rockauto.com and their catalog is superb in looking for parts for most vehicles.

I ordered the parts, a new connector (which was 3 times the amount of the resistor) and resistor ($9) and got them shipped 2 day fedex. The connector comes with gray wires so don't mix up the colors when you cut them and it comes with 4 butt-end connectors so this was a easy fix.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z314/philmiami/burnedconnectorpart.jpgv
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z314/philmiami/burnedconnector3.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
OMG, you just posted information from one site to the other. A major war is going to break out now. Elevating my estrogen levels in preparation.

:p :p

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
yea, you know someones gonna shit when they see that. honestly, its good info, but this site dosnt need to lower itself to cfans level by stealing content. specially a members mod. this needs to be taken down. both sites have decent search functions now.....

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Hey Zach... I got one question for ya... WHAT?

That is my write up.... You guys can use it all you want, it is to help out 355 owners. What I said was a joke... Hence the guy sticking his tongue out. Joke... I repeat, joke. Over.

Lets be honest, you all are on CFans anyways, so just go find the stuff there. Uhh, the truth surfaces. :)

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Zach... I got one question for ya... WHAT?

That is my write up.... You guys can use it all you want, it is to help out 355 owners. What I said was a joke... Hence the guy sticking his tongue out. Joke... I repeat, joke. Over.

Lets be honest, you all are on CFans anyways, so just go find the stuff there. Uhh, the truth surfaces. :)
some of us cant :true:

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
some of us cant :true:
heh heh... Oh yeah, I forgot... :mc:

Hey, anyways, this is real easy to check bro. All the equipment is in the open.. Down under the glove box where a passengers feet would be. Take the connector off the resistor and inspect the terminals for any burn marks or melting.

I think one of the most important pictures did not come through on the copy and paste: (1) is the resistor and connector

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
haha yeh i wasnt sure how cool people would be with me post sharing between sites. if anyone has an issue on that someone can delete it. nobody seemed to had given him an answer to his problem yet so i did :shrug:

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Not all of us... some of us don't want to be over there.
and some of us got banned for no reason but we wont get into these things lol... good write as always CO4!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts