Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of seemingly no where my left turn signal started flashing at twice the normal speed, the right one still works normally. I'm not sure what caused it. The only electrical work I have done was install new door speakers with tweeters because the old ones were shot and a new head unit because I wanted a navigation system. The latter of the two was the more recent and was done more than a year ago now. I checked the fuse box and everything was fine (thats pretty much as far as my electrical know-how goes :D ). I was hoping with the wealth of knowledge on here someone would be able to suggest a fix for it that doesn't involve taking it to the dealership or a shop. "Technically" there is no problem as I can signal safely, but my OCD cannot handle the two speeds. I'll get a video of it later for visual representation.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
You have a light bulb out.
What this guy said. Either that or if you replaced a bulb with LED bulbs and didn't use a resistor.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ya like them two ol boys said. Typically when a bulb flashes at a speed that'll blow it out means you have a bulb out somewhere.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you guys said that I just realized that I didn't check the rear bulb because I could see the front working from the cab. The rear bulb is working though... Looks like the connection is a bit loose. That should solve it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, just a loose connection. Silly electronics. :p Thanks guys, probably would have never thought about the back bulb without being reminded about them. I just feel dumb now. Haha

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
No worries man. We've all been there, over thinking problems lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries man. We've all been there, over thinking problems lol.
I went to school for engineering, I always over think things. When I was in school if it was that simple, you must have done something wrong. haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts