Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered this product right before MESM and finally got around to applying it today for the first time. Let me tell you, GOOD STUFF right here!!!

H2O Guard and Gloss

Adams Video:

Look at the pictures!!!

Just washed:

Time to apply:

Finished:

·
Super Moderator
13,692 Posts
I tried the Adam's H20 Gloss & Guard when it was first released. I was impressed with how easy it was.

My only complaint is the cost and durability of the protection. I got a measly three applications out of one 16oz bottle and each application lasted about a month. Granted the truck looked GREAT after each application and beaded like crazy.

I think I'll stick with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant (LPS) for the body and their Quick Sealant for the wheels.

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the Adam's H20 Gloss & Guard when it was first released. I was impressed with how easy it was.

My only complaint is the cost and durability of the protection. I got a measly three applications out of one 16oz bottle and each application lasted about a month. Granted the truck looked GREAT after each application and beaded like crazy.

I think I'll stick with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant (LPS) for the body and their Quick Sealant for the wheels.

I agree. I was surprised at how much was used out of the bottle after I was done. I'll have to wait to see how long it holds up for. I still had a decent amount of dealer issued sealant on the truck.

The Quick sealant on the wheels though. That stuff is beautiful. I put the sealant on them about a week after I got the truck from the dealer. And even after my trip to Indy, my wheels still shine nicely with very little brake dust.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I was just looking into this product, is this more of a like a temp sealer vs their other sealer which is said to last 6ish months? or am I getting them confused with chemical guys. was looking to buy something before winter possibly

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Ok. Maybe I will just limp through the winter how ive been doing it and buy the longer lasting sealer in the spring when I do the truck.

Thank you.

Side note.... have you used their wheel well silicone based product before winter? If so how did it hold up

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its good if you have plastic fender well pieces. unfortunately on the 700s, they are felt like so i cant use it on my new truck

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
ok so ive decided Adams is who im going to use going foward.

what all would you buy from them or what is worth not buying?

Going to be an expensive first purchase but after that it wont be that bad. I want everything for a paint correction to begin with, then maintenance from there.

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sign up for their email list. They send periodic sales codes for 15%-35% sales. Use the code Camaro5 for 10% off your entire order if no sales are currently on.

Most everything is a must have. There a few items that are redundant and not needed. If I was home on my PC and not on my phone, I could give a more specific breakdown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts