Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to throw in an add a leaf soon. Truck already has a 1.5" shackle and shock extension. I'm assuming I should or have to replace the rear shocks to work with the add a leaf and shackle.

Looking to know which shocks to get.

Also which add a leaf you guys recommend?

Thanks

07 GMC Canyon SLE crew cab 4x4 3.7I5

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've got zone nitro shocks in the rear. I got my add-a-leaf from zone as well. Truck seems to ride pretty good and the aal really helps for carrying weight in the bed. I hauled a load of firewood today with little to no sag in the rear.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The best Add-A-Leaf you can go with is the Rancho RS60613, its not marketed for the colorado, but it will work perfectly, give a solid 2.5" lift and be Alot softer than those offered for our trucks, such as the skyjacker add-a-leaf.

You need a shock thats at least 2" longer, any shock advertised for a lifted-colorado will "work", you just have to pick a brand / color. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks,

think im gonna get the skyjacker hydro 7000's

Front: H7040 fits my truck with 3-5" lift, Will this fit with my 3" crack? Also if I go with this shock or any longer one would I keep the shock extensions that are currently on there?

Rear: H7084 fits my truck with a 3-4" lift, Will this work with my 1.5" shackle and skyjacker add a leaf? Also have extensions on the rear shocks, keep running em or no need with the longer shock?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
cool thanks,

think im gonna get the skyjacker hydro 7000's

Front: H7040 fits my truck with 3-5" lift, Will this fit with my 3" crack? Also if I go with this shock or any longer one would I keep the shock extensions that are currently on there?

Rear: H7084 fits my truck with a 3-4" lift, Will this work with my 1.5" shackle and skyjacker add a leaf? Also have extensions on the rear shocks, keep running em or no need with the longer shock?

Thanks
yes those will work perfect, i had the same setup as you around two years ago when i first started modding my truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, do we need the shock extensions anymore with these Skyjacker Hydros? I'm guessing we don't because they are longer than stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts