Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I installed in my 09 the Comet 450 from hella, they fit just perfect, this combo came with cable, relay, switch and all the shit needed to do the trick.

The only thing you will have to do is to bend a little bit the bracket behind the grille to make them align or you can fab an "L" braket out of a steel strip.

This was done on my 09, after this when my bro bought the 11 we decided to go with GM OEM equipment. I have to say that the hellas fitted perfect but at the end nothing can compare with original OEM unless you go with something crazy like rigid industries led gear.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you want them to work like factory you need the headlight selection switch. You will also need to get the BCM flashed. along with the fogs and the wiring harness.

Or you could connect a wire to a switch thru a solenoid and connect it all up.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
There's been alot of people say they wanted it all factory like installed, but none have ever completed it. The cost was just too much, to get the lights, wiring harnesses, headlight switch, and then the BCM reprogrammed at the dealer; when a relay and switch are just a few bucks. Now you can purchase the stock fog lights, a relay harness, and just add 1 switch and make it all work like stock. If I remember correctly someone got creative and even modified a headlight switch with an aftermarket button and made it appear stock, basically using the stock button to push the aftermarket button hidden inside the switch.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's been alot of people say they wanted it all factory like installed, but none have ever completed it. The cost was just too much, to get the lights, wiring harnesses, headlight switch, and then the BCM reprogrammed at the dealer; when a relay and switch are just a few bucks. Now you can purchase the stock fog lights, a relay harness, and just add 1 switch and make it all work like stock. If I remember correctly someone got creative and even modified a headlight switch with an aftermarket button and made it appear stock, basically using the stock button to push the aftermarket button hidden inside the switch.
ok so in other words they bought stock fogs... and wired it up to where they had a switch somewhere in the control panel with the headlights, cargo light, and interior light to control the fog lights too??

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im going to be doing a relay setup with a switch as well for manual off, Using the running lights as my trigger wire.

Then install switch somewhere meaningless
Definitely keep me informed if you would I'm not too tech savvy but I'm learning a little at a time with help if my cousin lol so every little bit helps out

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
ok so in other words they bought stock fogs... and wired it up to where they had a switch somewhere in the control panel with the headlights, cargo light, and interior light to control the fog lights too??
Correct, i'll see if I can find the thread, seems like it was one of the Canadian members, but I just can't remember who off hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts