Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just ordered a set of "Prothane" 2" coil spacers, to go with my 3" Fabtech spindles, and also ordered a set of Monroe MA759 air shocks ....needed shocks anyway and i've heard you can get 3/4"-1" of extra lift at the right psi. Anyone have any feedback with those spacers? I bought them off Amazon. I've seen a few 5" front/2" rear lift pics on here...i'd love to seen a good side view if anyone has pics.

thanks,
DA

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
So i just ordered a set of "Prothane" 2" coil spacers, to go with my 3" Fabtech spindles, and also ordered a set of Monroe MA759 air shocks ....needed shocks anyway and i've heard you can get 3/4"-1" of extra lift at the right psi. Anyone have any feedback with those spacers? I bought them off Amazon. I've seen a few 5" front/2" rear lift pics on here...i'd love to seen a good side view if anyone has pics.

thanks,
DA
Here's mine when I had 3" spindles and 2.5" coil spacers. I was running a 4" shackle tho to level it out

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I would not hold my breath expecting the shocks to lift your vehicle. That is not their mission in life. If it does lift for you, it will be result of the shock being so stiff that it will not sag under the weight of the truck. If that is true, a likely result will be a super harsh ride as the shock will require a larger amount of force to compress it.

Isn't there another active thread right now where somebody wants to spindle lift on top of the coil lift, but you can't because you need longer UCA's? to allow the combination of lifts? Or is that product specific like no coil spacers with a brand of spindles, or reverse?

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
I would not hold my breath expecting the shocks to lift your vehicle. That is not their mission in life. If it does lift for you, it will be result of the shock being so stiff that it will not sag under the weight of the truck. If that is true, a likely result will be a super harsh ride as the shock will require a larger amount of force to compress it.

Isn't there another active thread right now where somebody wants to spindle lift on top of the coil lift, but you can't because you need longer UCA's? to allow the combination of lifts? Or is that product specific like no coil spacers with a brand of spindles, or reverse?
The one your talking about was wanting to run the ready lift with the coil spacer. He was trying to run both with no spindles. Wasn't possible at all.

OP. The air shocks will only help because they won't let the truck sag as much so its going to make it a lot stiffer if you load them up with a lot of air pressure

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not worried about my spindles not being compatible with spacers. I've researched that several times. I'm not really looking to lift the truck with the shocks specifically... I've just read a few guys post that with 35 psi they were getting some lift and still have descent ride. I'm going to install everything and see how it looks. If its too much lean I'll build 1" longer shackles.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to be running coil spacers and 3" lift spindles.... same set-up that many are running. Ordered the spacers and air shocks the other day

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright...finally have time to install my coil spacers and shocks tomorrow! I'll post good before/after pics if anyone is interested. Can't wait for tax returns. I've decided on 265/70 Cooper at3 tires and will add a CST 1.5" AAL (if available).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well lift is put off yet again. We had a job that has to leave Monday so my crew and I worked on finishing up parts til 9pm tonight. Maybe I can install my new goods next Saturday.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the vendor I bought my spacers from sent me silverado spacers. I'm pissed more so at myself for not inspecting them more when I received them. I took some b4 pics 20150204_181236.jpg

20150204_181158.jpg and I'm putting my shocks on

·
Registered
510 Posts
just lift spindle on that picture?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts