Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck came with a bed rug. Trying to prep for roll on liner but I can't get the leftover Velcro adhesive off. Well it's coming off but it took me a full hour to get a 1/2" wide strip off the front wall using acetone and a metal scraper.

There's another 1" strip halfway across the front wall, that's going even slower and two 1" strips about half the length of the bed.

What can I do to make this go faster?

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Go up to advance. We sell an eraser wheel in the paint section that pulls off old adhesive. It attaches to the drill and you just run the drill and rub it against the glue and it's gone. I've never tried one but I've sold plenty of them

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried goo gone first. When I did this on my cobalt goo gone worked great. The acetone was a step up.

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
naptha will dissolve that gooey adhesive in no time.. you should be able to pick up a gallon at a big hardware store like lowes or home depot. its about 10-12 bucks

·
Registered
36 Posts
The eraser wheel works wonders..purchased mine on amazon to debadge my truck and take the adhesive off my doors from my old vent shades and door moldings..was amazed by how well it worked!

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
I used this when I had to take off the sticky crap from double sided tape:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
when i remove vinyl adhesive for work, saturate the stuff in GOO GONE or ORANGE PEEL, then use a plastic squeegee to scrap it off. if it's saturated enough, a rag will take it off.

i remove them off of vons.com trucks, arm oilers, deans food trailers, geek squad vans, and Time Warner/Cox vans. hope this helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the one rshadd posted.
Don't waste your time with googone and a scraper. You'll need a good drill but you will be done in minutes with the wheel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts