Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way I could possibly lower the temperature of the heat from my leather seats? Low is too high for me, burns my ass off unless its super cold out side and I never use high. Could I wire in a resistor somewhere? I have no idea how to decipher the wiring schematics, I just want to know if it's possible then go from there.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
I only use it when I get in and it is cold. Dont pull out of the driveway until watertemp is 100°F. Then I turn off the heated seats about 3 miles down the road when it starts to get hot. The heater takes over from there by then. South Texas doesn't require heat s much as A/C. I know how you feel.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Well, this probably won't help much, but it is some info anyway. The seat heat switch is a component of the lumbar switch assembly. The heat switch contains two resistors. There is a 2.5K ohm resistor in the "high" circuit and a 4.9K ohm resistor in the "low" circuit.

It might be possible to open the switch and change the resistors. Adding a resistor in the wiring outside of the switch would affect both high and low circuits. Mucking up the switch could be costly, though, as the price of the lumbar/heat switch is north of $100.

If you wanted to try and add a resistor inline, get access to the lumbar/heat switch assembly connector. It is an eight pin connector with seven wires. There are two pink wires. The pink wire that is between a black wire and a brown wire is the wire to the heaters. It probably doesn't matter, but keep in mind that adding a resistor there will affect both high and low setting temperatures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts