Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m just about to buy a hydrowasher, finally got tired of those carwash assholes prices and poorly job.

Have two choices: (Pics in spanish but specs translated for ya)

OPTION 1. K5.68M
1650 Psi
1.8 GPM
2 soap tanks (1Lt each)
Price: $436 USD

OPTION 2. k3.86M
1700 Psi
1.4 GPM
1 Soap Tank (1Lt)
PRICE: $308 USD

Does the big one worth the money? People say that the small one (K3.86) wont remove the mud from my truck after a nice wheeling weekend....

any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go with the higher GPM. You don't need alot a pressure to wash a vechicle.
This is exactly what a friend told me, GPM is the deal when washing a car, He also said that high pressure can dent the body of the truck.

1.4 GPM vs. 1.8 GMP worth 100 bucks more?

·
Super Moderator
13,692 Posts
Like any tool, when used incorrectly you can certainly cause damage. If you got any lose or flaking paint a pressure washer will find it. GPM and PSI work togther. PSI does the cleaning but GPM gets it done faster. If you plan to use it for anything other than washing your truck consider a gasoline engine pressure washer.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All right, according to all advice I think I´ll go for the 1.8 GPM (the bigger one). 100 bucks more but It will make the work faster. Also I´ve read that this "home" karchers needs to take a break of 5 minutes every 20 minutes of work. So I need the faster one.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well fellas finally I got the big one, 1.8GPM, I already tested it a few hours ago and its damn powerful, started as a test and ended washing the grill, truck, the garbage containers, and lotz of stuff!

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I know.. pics or didn´t happen so here it is:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been using that washer for about a month, have no complains, it was a little bit pricey but that thing gets the job done!. I blast off any mud residual from the body, wheels or chassis so easy and fast.

It also cleans the front and backyard like a champ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts