Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Air and Temp gauge goes off and comes back on at different temps or at random. Is this a thermostat issue? Please help. I saw a youtube video talking about this having to do with thermostat not operating at normal temps, and shutting down the AC and temp gauge to protect from overheating. Or is this a temp sensor issue? Truck is not overheating. My Canyon is a 2009

·
Registered
580 Posts
If your battery voltage is a bit low it can cause problems such as you describe . Check that first .

·
Internet Troll
1,325 Posts
Is it telling you AC Off? If so change the thermostat. My '09 never overheated and changing the thermostat is a fix. The other thing, my '09 had a temp gauge that would do whatever it wanted, including going up when I turned the vehicle off. I just lived with it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Electrical ground problems make these types of behaviors happen. How far do you want to dive in to fix it?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2010. The temp gauge would randomly go full hot, or full cold, kinda scary when you are 2 hours away from a paved road on top of a mountain! Lol. I eventually replaced the gauge cluster and everything was back to normal. I replaced it with a 2006 cluster to get rid of tpms alerts as a bonus!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts