Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked for a bit but could not find anything set in stone.

As for the crankcase breather plugged into the bottom of the box, can you remove the box and just throw a filter on this tube? If so on the front of said box there is a vacuum sized hose (although it doesn't seem to be a vacuum hose) can I plug it up with no check codes going off?

I ask because I bought a Air Raid Quick Fit kit and now want to make it true cold air. I have the stuff to do it just need to know if I can plug and filter said hoses without complications. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
do not just plug it up! i would say your best bet is to try and connect it directly to the intake, but i have seen it just left open: its a fuel system vent thingy. the crankcase breather filter should work out, but connecting to the intake is the best way for this too.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I had a breather on my last car. Oil was everywhere under the hood and I noticed no benefit. I'd say leave it the way it is and save yourself the hassle of having to clean the oil from the engine bay all the time.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanna remove it cuz that box is just another restrictor. I have dirtbikes and every bike I get I do a crankcase mod to let it breathe....is there a point to have hot air going back into the intake? As for the oil I would filter it the put it in a mini can to catch the oil so no problem there.

I thought that front plug was a vent but wasn't sure there, good knowledge thanks.

I only ask this because I don't wanna spend more money on a new cold air when I have the stuff to make my quick kit into a true cold air left over from my previous chevy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts