Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am sending in my PCM to have the AIR pump turned off so I can just remove the part since it has given me nothing but issues since I got the truck and the parts are super expensive for what they are. I have searched, but found nothing on removing the pump itself. Trying so see if there are any pics of how it mounts exactly before I crawl under there, or if I actually need to do it from the top. The valve is pretty simple, had that out to try and fix it before.

Thanks for the help, can't wait to get the PCM tuned up too.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I know you didn't ask....but you may or may not be aware.

You won't pass emissions or inspections without the pump. Whether or not you care. There is more to it than that....but I'll stop here.

Depends on if your region requires testing.
I might suggest putting the air pump in a box and leaving it with the truck to give to the buyer if/when you sell.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the help, it's a little chilly out there and wanted to be sure of what I was doing before going out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What kind of problems were you having with it just out curiosity and to see if I'm on the trail of what's wrong with mine

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My truck was setting a code stating that the pump was stuck open and because it was stuck open it was killing my fuel mileage. The part to fix it was well over the cost of the tune to just remove it. I live in Iowa so we don't have emission testing or anything like that so I was able to just turn it off and remove all of the parts without any issues.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I got rid of the pump and egr valve using a limesquat egr-delete plate. One of my favorite mods under the hood. c

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Same here^^^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts