Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a full air ride system for my truck. The only thing that I've found is the air helper springs for towing. I'm looking for something like Air Ride Technologies Road Grater system. My only problem is that I haven't been able to find anything for the Colorado. If anyone happens to find one, please let me know, or send me a link to it.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Man... you've got a lot of searchin to do lol. I don't have a link for you offhand but so far no one has a bolt in kit. Everyone who has bags has all been custom due to the 355s non-typical suspension/frame. Theres folks with frame Z'd, extended upper control arm mounts, custom control arms, drop ball joints, shockwaves, bagover kits, and even a show truck with fullsize truck suspension. It really depends on what your trying to acheive, lay frame?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man... you've got a lot of searchin to do lol. I don't have a link for you offhand but so far no one has a bolt in kit. Everyone who has bags has all been custom due to the 355s non-typical suspension/frame. Theres folks with frame Z'd, extended upper control arm mounts, custom control arms, drop ball joints, shockwaves, bagover kits, and even a show truck with fullsize truck suspension. It really depends on what your trying to acheive, lay frame?
Hah, I don't think so. Not to rip on the guys that like that, but I'm not into laying frame. I just want something that will lower the truck some, but with some 'adjustability' for fun, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Hah, I don't think so. Not to rip on the guys that like that, but I'm not into laying frame. I just want something that will lower the truck some, but with some 'adjustability' for fun, if you know what I mean.
drag it you pussy. J/k welcome. im a frame layer, just not in the colly. so i cant really help you.

in my opinion, this is like kissing on a girls neck, then going down to the breast, then to the belly button, stopping. WTF, thats what everyone will say.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drag it you pussy. J/k welcome. im a frame layer, just not in the colly. so i cant really help you.

in my opinion, this is like kissing on a girls neck, then going down to the breast, then to the belly button, stopping. WTF, thats what everyone will say.
That's what I'm thinking. I don't want something that will lay frame, because my Rado will be my daily driver. I just want to give it a more agressive stance, but still be able to play with the other car's at stoplights.

I'm not sure what you'd do with the front, but you sure as hell can just mono leaf the rear.
Eh, I don't want to do that because I still wanna be able to haul stuff. I didn't get this just to turn it into a show truck, or because it has more ground clearance than my Civic for the snow here in Wyoming. If I wanted to have something that looks mean, then I would of saved my money and put it into the Civic.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i love the written sound effects, sounded like a scary ride! lol

but just to cure my stupidity why would a mono leaf snap? i know its one of the ways you can lower a truck, but will it not work well with bags?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Eh, dude if your going to invest money in buying a bags dude you might as well lay frame.

There is a member on here (Speed81) he lays frame and drives his daily! Be on the look out for a feature BTW :kiki:

Yeah dude if I was you man I would seriously consider laying frame. Once you get bags you'll want to go lower.

·
.:: MR. September ::.
247 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. I don't want something that will lay frame, because my Rado will be my daily driver. I just want to give it a more agressive stance, but still be able to play with the other car's at stoplights.
I hate when people say "I don't wanna bag mine, it's my daily driver." I drive my truck everyday, everywhere I go and have not had a single problem and if I do it's covered under full warranty by the shop that bagged it. If it is done right and built by somebody that knows what they are doing and didn't just read a tech article in Mini Truckin, throw on some Dickies, and just buy a welder. Ok, so you don't wanna lay frame, that's cool but I don't think you are gonna find what you are looking for unless you fab up something yourself.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
i love the written sound effects, sounded like a scary ride! lol

but just to cure my stupidity why would a mono leaf snap? i know its one of the ways you can lower a truck, but will it not work well with bags?
leaf springs are meant to move through a limited travel, they use an overload leaf at the bottom of the pack to limit that travel. once you remove all the leafs except the main one the leaf. when you add adjustable to the equation you are basically bending a paperclip back and forth, and eventually SNAP.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I drive my truck every day too! And I drive almost 50miles just to and from work. Not counting if I go anywhere else. Been on numerous out of state trips as well!! Just cus you have bags and lay frame doesnt mean your not reliable

·
Registered
466 Posts
WOOT preach on frame layers!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts