Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POST UP YOUR SIT REP!! PLEASE DO NOT JUNK UP THIS THREAD!Most of you already know what has happened. Pics, radio, news, and word of mouth don't do justice. If everyone could give a status report on their current situation would be great. My family is fine but their neighbors not so fortunate. Their house and the house he was born in still standing. That house he was born in is 100 years old. A subdivision directly behind them looked as if an a-bomb dropped on it. A house they thought was there was actually two houses perfectly stacked on top of each other. People walking around still in utter shock. It hurts man..... bout cried seeing those people like that. 1 person was confirmed dead in the subdivision behind their house. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO HELP! THE STREET IS CALLED ORVILLE SMITH RD. HARVEST, AL!!! CHAINSAWS AND HEAVY EQUIPMENT NEEDED!! ANY MORE DETAILS CONTACT ME AT (256)361-5353!!!:salute:
I don't know what to say. I do hope each and every one of you are safe!! My sincere concern for your families and their well being is in my mind right now. I will be volunteering my time in that location stated above. It is a blessing to have what we have. I don't wish this on any one of you no matter how some of us don't get along. Be safe and god bless!:355group:

·
Captain Obvious
3,655 Posts
It's all good in the neighborhood where I'm at. Everything went around the immediate shoals area. I work with some guys from the Hackleburg/ Phil Campbell area and they say it's a total mess. I've got a friend in Moulton whos roof was shifted 6-8" on the house and it no longer connected to the structure by anything but gravity. His neighbors trailer is in a couple of trees 5/8 mile behind where it used to be. Yes, it was thrown backwards. This is at the intersection of co. rd. 223 and hwy 157 between hatten and moulton. I was able to survey the damage in that area and along that path to the north yesterday. Total destruction 3/4 mile wide in some places, rated as EF-4. We've pulled together a team that will be stationed on my friends property to cook and distribute meals and help with the basic needs of the townspeople. I will be spending most of my available time at that location.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The anniston area is pretty good a few trees are down but nothing major. Ohatechee is a different story all together have worked with the national guard, fema, ema, and the red cross today loading water and food. Your right Matt pictures don't do any of this justice you just can't see how large this storm was in pictures.256-343-2636 if yall need something give me a call and ill try to help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Were good in the fultondale area. It cam right through our back yard basically breaking every tree in its way. Destroyed most of the city tho.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear guys! I haven't heard from Daniel and few of the mid alabama/lower alabama folks. Keep up the support efforts! I know I have a long week ahead of me with work and volunteering. THANKS MAX FOR PUTTING IN LONG HARD HOURS AND ALL OF YOU WHO ARE DOING THE SAME!:salute:

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
all good down here, didn't get anything major

yellowrado007 lost his truck though

·
Registered
128 Posts
everything is find around my area next to the florida line

but I recently got laid off and soon will have a lot of spare time on my hands so if anybody needs any help yall just PM me, im pretty busy everyday for the rest of may though.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the updates and very glad to hear ya'll are fine. Daniel's truck is fine he was bsing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts