Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well its about time for me to diagnose and fix my problem. When the truck is running my doors constantly lock and unlock as if my alarm is activating/deactivating. Its pretty damn annoying and has been doing it for a couple months. I am about ready to drive my truck into the river :econo:. Any suggestions other than the obvious check over my wires? Does anyone know which wires to check to possibly save time of looking over the entire install?

·
Registered
56 Posts
they didn't run a separate power wire... our ignitions can't handle extra loads because they are just trigger wires. They can't support the current demands of aftermarket accessories so you have to have a higher current constant ran to whatever your putting in. That would be my first guess. Second guess is that the system is connected to a data wire instead of an actual 12volt switching wire. this would be close to 12 but close enough to the minimum that it would keep bouncing in and out of what the alarm "sees" as ON causing the locks to cycle. (ignition controlled door locks is a common default setting with aftermarket equipment)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts